Medical Director, Colorectal Cancer (CRC) (Remote)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Medical Director - Colorectal Cancer (CRC), to join the Medical Affair Leadership team. This role will help set the strategy for both internal company initiatives and external interactions with the clinical community as it relates to CRC. This individual will be a subject matter expert responsible for contributing to and providing medical support to the development and execution of Medical Strategy for Freenome’s CRC screening product. Internally, this individual will coordinate with the Commercial team to ensure alignment between Medical Affairs and Commercial strategy, and tactical implementation of brand plans.
The role reports to the Vice President, Scientific and Medical Affairs.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a medical subject matter expert for Freenome’s CRC screening product, responsible for contributing and providing medical support to the development and execution of strategic brand plans
- Represent Medical Affairs as a standing member of appropriate cross-functional teams
- Contribute to the development and execution of a strategic publication plan for CRC
- Develop medical education strategy for independent and company-sponsored educational activities
- Participate in the review and approval of medical education and grant requests
- Lead key customer identification, development and management in collaboration with other cross-functional partners to ensure business objectives are met
- Lead the development of evidence generation plans, including Investigator Initiated Research strategy
- Work closely with Field Medical leadership to develop insights generation plans and criteria for actioning
- Develop and execute Medical Affairs Advisory Board strategy related to CRC
- Support Commercial activities, including concept development of promotional content, market research materials, Aadvisory Bboard support, etc.
- Attend and contribute at major scientific and medical conferences
- Advanced degree in medical or health sciences (e.g. MD/DO/PhD, PharmD)
- 10+ years progressive pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device experience including industry/clinical research, medical science liaison, and medical affairs
- Solid understanding of medical communication and scientific exchange compliance principles
- Strong program and project management skills with proven ability to drive key projects with minimal direction and oversight
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams with a commitment to cross-functional risk sharing, collaboration and learning that facilitates partnership, collective accountability and prompt, informed decision-making
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise through review of the scientific literature and attendance at key scientific meetings
- Excellent communicator, skilled at diplomacy and capable of effectively combining science and relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments, to lead by example, and to enable others to effectively contribute
Nice to haves:
- Diagnostic experience in oncology or similar disease state
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $232,050 - $355,500. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)