Staff Clinical Scientist (Remote)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Staff Clinical Scientist to help grow the Freenome Clinical Science team. This person will be responsible for the development and update of clinical evidence strategies in alignment with Freenome’s mission. Additionally, this role requires strong medical writing skills and experience on regulatory submissions. This position will serve as a scientific expert on project teams both within clinical and cross-functionally, and requires strong collaborative skills and the ability to deliver on clinical projects as part of a fast-moving team. Your work will lead to meaningful and significant scientific evidence which provides answers to an organization dedicated to changing the entire landscape of cancer.
The role reports to the Director, Clinical Science.
What you’ll do:
- Drives and leads clinical evidence strategies and study objectives to meet business needs; including research and interface with key functional areas in order to align on clinical strategy (marketing, regulatory, development and reimbursement)
- Owns individual workstreams and pulls in key stakeholders, including external resources, to drive results
- Gather and ensure incorporation of clinical insight and knowledge in clinical and cross-functional deliverables, across multiple projects
- May be required to interpret results of clinical investigations, as well as conduct literature reviews in preparation for new studies, investigational reports, strategic planning, and regulatory submissions; ensures consistent application of key study learnings and results
- Self-seeks and participates in training to enhance knowledge base and shares relevant learnings with the wider team
Lead medical writing activities in collaboration with other key stakeholders across multiple functions
- Develops and provides input on required clinical documents, including creation of standard operating procedures
- Experience in clinical research study processes and study design following Good Clinical Practices and regulatory standards
Advanced scientific training along with clinical research experience
- 7+ years of clinical science, research, and data experience, including strong medical writing skills and data analysis expertise. Advanced medical degree (e.g., MD, RN) may commensurate for experience level
- Demonstrated ownership of individual workstreams and ability to drive project deliverables
- Scientifically / medically adept (as relevant to knowledge of IVD, medical device regulation, trial design, clinical cancer therapy)
- Must have strong problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with commitment to follow through
- Avid learner with agile mindset
- Penchant for working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Medical degree
- Strong statistical background
- Experience working in diagnostics
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $166,175 - $252,500. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)