Head of People
Innovation Endeavors is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in mission-driven founders, transformational technology and emergent ecosystems for a new world. The firm’s central investment thesis, the Super Evolution, combines data, leading-edge computation, and advanced engineering to transform industries, from agriculture and logistics to life sciences, transportation and more. Some of our investments include: AlphaSense, Astra, Color, Blue River Technology, Eikon Therapeutics, Fabric, Formlabs, Freenome, Planet, Plenty, Rebellion, Replica, SoFi, Uber, Upstart, Vicarious Surgical, and more.
We recently raised our fourth, $500M fund, and are looking to expand our platform team across marketing, people operations, business development, and community. We are looking for a trusted Head of People who can work across our portfolio companies to operationalize talent and culture practices that power growth, innovation, and inclusion. We are a tight-knit, collaborative group that values openness, intellectual curiosity, kindness, and a passion for emerging technology.
Experience Required: We are looking for a Head of People with 5-7 years experience in people operations at either: a) an early-stage startup that scaled rapidly; or b) at a venture capital firm on the platform team.
The ideal candidate:
- A seasoned people leader who has performed all the core functions of a people operations leader (comp, hiring, benefits, ATS setup, etc.)
- Has an “ownership” mentality. Will break down barriers to get results—takes personal responsibility by default.
- Has zero ego - a willingness to roll up sleeves and dive in at any level as needed
- Comfortable with ambiguity - enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong network of people leaders at high growth startups and top class recruiters to help portfolio companies find the best talent
- Work hand in hand with founders acting as a de-facto head of people in the early days of a company’s journey
- Create and maintain a content library of the best in class resources on the full spectrum of people operations (comp, hiring, benefits, ATS setup, L&D, etc.). Continually up-level useful people resources to the IE portfolio.
- Create and develop bespoke programming, resources, and content to help portfolio companies attract, win and retain top talent
- Maintain and expand the firm’s third party vendor network across the top technical and executive recruiters, executive coaches, HR tech platforms, etc.
- Drive the Innovation Endeavors people operations strategy including headcount planning, hiring, onboarding, compensation, and developing individuals within the organization
To apply, please contact Ali Jordan via firstname.lastname@example.org.