Clinical Sales Manager (Phoenix)
Sales & Business Development
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turnaround time in one business day. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
This represents an incredible opportunity to join a growing life sciences company poised to revolutionize the Infectious Disease diagnostics market. We are expanding the launch of our proprietary, Next-Generation Sequencing test in hospitals and health systems across the U.S. Joining Karius in our commercialization effort will both accelerate your career and advance our vision to see a world where infectious disease is no longer a major threat to human health. The Clinical Sales Manager is responsible for the sales efforts of Karius in a defined regional territory, focusing on relationships with infectious disease physicians, lab directors, C-level executives, and other clinical leaders throughout a hospital system.
Why Should You Join Us?
Karius aims to conquer infectious diseases through innovations around genomic sequencing and machine learning. The company’s platform is already delivering unprecedented insights into the microbial landscape, providing clinicians with a comprehensive test capable of identifying more than a thousand pathogens directly from blood, and helping industry accelerate the development of therapeutic solutions. The Karius test we provide today is one of the most advanced solutions available to physicians who aim to deliver better care to many otherwise ineffectively treated patients. Our test is the result of some incredible work done by our scientists, statisticians, engineers, and physicians, all driven by the same mission. You, as part of the Karius team, will be able to see how directly your work has a life-changing impact on people, and at scale.
Reports to: Senior Regional Sales Director
Territory: Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Nevada - with deep knowledge and experience in the greater metropolitan area health systems.
Pay Range: $112,000 - $168,000
• Grow sales revenue and test volume in territory by establishing new business in hospitals while increasing volume in existing hospitals. Introduce a transformational, life-saving diagnostic technology which will change the world of infectious disease by engaging key stakeholders in the hospital that are involved with the decision process to implement new diagnostic tests.
• Collaboration with Inside Sales, Customer Success, Medical Affairs, and Marketing to achieve territory and company goals.
• Develop thought leaders and early adopters for this new approach to infectious disease diagnosis.
• Help establish the foundation and culture of a world-class commercial organization.
• Build, manage and nurture market-based/regional territory, comprising hospital & health system accounts.
• Prioritize and segment hospital & health system accounts to maximize opportunity and growth.
• Present product features and benefits to key stakeholders and clinical call points, utilizing consultative sales techniques (qualifying leads, assessing needs, supporting evaluations, and closing).Manage early evaluations to activate initial adoption of Karius test/solutions and drive increased utilization over time.
• Serve as a subject matter expert, speaking with clinicians of all levels regarding the science and technology of the Karius test and how to best leverage its capabilities. Speak fluently on the unique merits and value of our proprietary test, positioning our differentiation from competition.
• Build deep relationships, educate and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders among both prospective and existing partners.
• Develop a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship and establish oneself as fully accountable for demonstrating ROI to the partner account, ensuring both regular interaction and utilization review.
• Secure contracts and agreements, where necessary or optimal, to memorialize long-term relationships with partners, define an exchange of value, and augment predictability into revenue.
• Manage and secure renewals of partner agreements.
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product leadership to provide valuable market feedback, to inform all functions.
• Partner, and co-present, with Karius’ Clinical/Medical Affairs teams (including Medical Science Liaisons) to support partner interactions, both remote and in-person, and manage follow-up.
• Collaborate with Customer Success to onboard new accounts, share feedback, proactively address risks, immediately address concerns/problems, manage expectations, promote successes, and maintain close pulse on the health of the partner.
• Partner with Marketing to identify and co-manage regional meeting opportunities, develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) panels, and other local market activities.
• Participate in broader sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and industry trade shows as required.
• Complete paperwork and administrative duties in a timely and accurate fashion, including documentation in SalesForce, expense reporting, speaker program information, etc.
What’s Fun About the Job?
Karius is operating at the edge of what is now known to be possible in infectious disease diagnostics. With that, comes a wave of new and incredible challenges and opportunities. To deliver on that value, you will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don't suffice. You will get to see how much your work really matters.
Travel: Up to 70%
Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is generally performed remotely in the field.
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA a plus.
• 7+ years of sales/business development experience in Life Sciences / Biotech, Medical Device, Diagnostic Equipment, and/or Pharmaceutical industries.
• Valid driver's license.
• Previous success in introducing transformational, novel products or services to physicians and hospitals which have changed clinical practice prior to significant peer-reviewed publications or inclusion in guidelines for support.
• Robust network of existing relationships in hospitals and health systems, across microbiology labs, send-out labs, physician groups, C-level executives, and administrators of clinical functions.
• Strong vision and planning capabilities to grow the territory.
• Excellent business acumen combined with outstanding analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
• Strong ability to develop relationships from C-level executives to physicians and lab directors, building credibility through subject matter and industry expertise.
• Demonstrated track record of top sales achievement, meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
• Experience with multi-level account management.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and is comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, growth-oriented environment.
• Team player willing to collaborate with all customer facing teams to share best practices.
• Ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability and achieve results.
• Strong presentation acumen and negotiation skills, ability to manage and facilitate engaging discussions with both small and large groups.
• Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, confidentiality and ability to build trusting and professional relationships.
• Passionate about the mission and reputation of Karius while investing in the culture as the company grows.
At Karius, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and are committed to honor and invest in the full diversity of people, in our hiring, recruiting and development of employees across the Company. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, an individual's reproductive health decisions, any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we will accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
See more open positions at Karius
Something looks off?