ML Ops and Data Engineer
Software Engineering, Operations, Data Science
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Machina Labs is a Los Angeles based technology company combining AI and robotics to build the next generation of manufacturing capabilities. Founded in 2019 by aerospace, materials, and advanced manufacturing industry veterans driven to solve challenges of conventional manufacturing - Machina integrates cutting-edge artificial intelligence and robotics technologies to build agile, software-defined factories of the future.
Machina’s mission is to unlock manufacturing and innovation for all and has commercialized the first robotic sheet metal forming system and service that delivers production-quality parts to the most innovative companies in aerospace, automotive, industrial, and many other industries. Machina has assembled – and continues to expand - a world class team of operators, investors, and advisors to make this vision a reality.
As an ML Ops and Data Engineer at our Machina Labs, you will play a pivotal role in the integration of machine learning models, data pipelines, and operational processes to optimize the performance and functionality of our robotic systems. You will collaborate closely with our software development, machine learning, and robotics teams to ensure seamless maintenance of our data pipeline and deployment of AI systems.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to operationalize and deploy machine learning models onto robotic systems.
- Design and implement robust APIs and interfaces for communication between robotics hardware and deployed models.
- Develop strategies for model monitoring, versioning, and updates to ensure ongoing reliability and performance.
- Design, implement, and manage end-to-end data pipelines that collect, process, and store sensor data from robotic systems.
- Ensure data quality, consistency, and availability for both real-time and historical analysis.
- Implement data transformation, feature engineering and enrichment techniques to prepare data for training and validation.
- Implement monitoring solutions to track the health and performance of deployed robotic systems and associated machine learning models.
- Analyze performance metrics and proactively identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to iteratively enhance system efficiency and response times.
- Collaborate closely with software developers, machine learning engineers, and robotics team to ensure alignment on technical requirements and objectives.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for deployed models, data pipelines, and system architecture.
Machine Learning Deployment and Integration:
Data Pipeline Architecture and Management:
Monitoring and Optimization:
Collaboration and Documentation:
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering and/or ML Ops
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Scala, SQL, along with experience with popular data storage systems (e.g. Data Lakes)
- Proven experience in deploying machine learning models in production environments.
- In-depth knowledge of data engineering principles, ETL processes, and data storage solutions.
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g., Docker) and orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) and related services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.