Vice President, Customer Success
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is seeking an experienced Vice President of Customer Success to lead the customer success teams globally. The ideal candidate is passionate about driving value for customers, is experienced in growing and guiding a team of post-sales specialists, and has a consistent track record of success in a fast-growing B2B SaaS business. Equally important, we are seeking candidates who authentically live and breathe the OwnBackup values.
Your Day-to-Day Role
You will be empowered to drive the strategy, execution, evolution, and results for the customer success team. As the owner of the client journey, we look to you to define and execute an extraordinary experience for our clients – from “new to renew” – including onboarding, adoption, value realization, retention, and expansion. You will also drive achievement of quota for renewal and expansion. Ultimately, we’re looking for you to drive world-class client success, retention, and growth. To achieve this you will:
- Manage Customer Success Activities - Onboarding, Training, Professional Services, Customer Support, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Lead World-class Customer Success Team and recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
- Create effective operational processes, strategies, plans, and measurement systems that can deliver favorable outcomes for both our customers and the company.
- Be a key partner and strategist with our product team to ensure our product strategy is delivering to the current and future needs of our customers.
- Represent our clients and our Client Success team on the Leadership team and to the Executive team, including owning all KPIs, quotas, goals, objectives, and key results.
- Own and manage strategic relationships with our customers adding key executive stakeholders over the course of time as needed
- Proactively engage customers around business performance, adoption of best practices and alignment on customers strategic objectives to drive positive outcomes
- Leverage data, metrics and insights to build and strengthen the overall Customer Success Playbook
- Innovate with internal stakeholders on developing new and effective business insights to enhance powerful storytelling to customers
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and customer reference-ability
- Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle - Map customer journey, Develop listening points in the journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.), Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies, Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
Your Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM platforms & their data structure
- Experience managing global teams, in different times zones and from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proven ability to be a change agent by creating or adopting new customer programs that maximize customer satisfaction and drive the bottom line in a fast-growing, dynamic and global company
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and initiatives to align to corporate and divisional programs
- Proven ability to attract as well as nurture great talent in the Customer Success Team
- Experience identifying high potential talent and developing career paths
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are achieved
- Take initiative, intellectually curious. Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments
- A problem solver who loves to deliver excellent customer value
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for delivering positive outcomes, revenue, and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, highly experienced in building and delivering impactful presentations to enterprise executives
- Confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and sense of humor, is a plus
- Comfortable with travel (20% of the time when it is safe)
Your Education & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in Customer Success Leadership at a SaaS company required
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience running Success programs for subscription-based SaaS businesses as well as a traditional maintenance renewal business with total revenues exceeding $50M ARR
- Operational experience defining and reporting essential financial and operational metrics.
- Strong track record at building C-level relationships internally and externally (with clients)
- Experience working with clients from a wide range of organizational sizes and complexity, from small to Fortune 100, as part of a SaaS organization.
- Consultative sales background or experience as a solutions engineer is a plus
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?