OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking an outstanding Principal Engineer to join our Tel Aviv office. You will have the opportunity to join a young, VC-backed, fast-growing start-up that supports employee innovation and implementation. You will be responsible for guiding and leading significant product development efforts for existing and new products
Our tech stack is Python, and React and we are migrating our webapp framework from Rails to Django. As a SaaS platform we operate in a cloud native environment. All of our products are developed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and we support both AWS and Azure. We plan to containerize (Docker, Kubernetes) our product to scale and meet the demands of a fast-growing client base. We aspire to remain cloud agnostic to support a varied client base. We believe in a culture of continuous improvement and constant refactoring.
- Are a curious engineer who loves to discover how things work and determine how to improve them
- Enjoy learning new technologies with a view to defining optimal solutions
- Enjoy taking ideas from conception to delivery
- Are self motivated and have excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively with product and engineering teams to deliver value to clients
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Technically leading the development of features end to end (From requirements to code in production)
- Leading a project end-2-end.
- Promoting engineering excellence, code quality, and principles of software design and development in the team
- Help translate our business vision into state-of-the-art software and efficient development processes
- Supporting our customers and troubleshooting production issues
- Being part of cross-R&D engineering initiatives
Your Work Experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience using Python- Must
- Outstanding architecture and design skills in large SaaS systems
- Experience working with large-scale systems
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- Knowledge of AWS / Azure
- Experience with K8s -At least 1 year of experience.
- BS in Computer-science or equivalent degree
- Strong background and experience with:
- Database systems
- Secure-coding/infosec principles
- Scalability & performance
Nice to have:
- Big Data experience
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Tel Aviv office to maximise collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, meal tickets for lunch, and a pension plan.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organisations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?