Corporate Counsel - Corporate
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As Corporate Counsel - Corporate, you will be the principal lawyer for corporate matters at OwnBackup. Based in our Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey office and reporting to the General Counsel, you will play a leading role in mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, real estate transactions and potentially an initial public offering, as well as corporate compliance. Additionally, you will help design and implement policies and processes to build and scale the legal function of a fast-moving, successful cloud startup.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Act as primary internal counsel for mergers and acquisitions and capital raising transactions
- Play a leading role in preparing for and potentially executing an initial public offering
- Manage global corporate legal compliance, including US federal and state and foreign corporate and securities filings
- Assist with Board and investor matters
- Act as primary Legal contact for real estate matters
- Act as primary Legal contact or Finance Dept.
- Research and advise on new and emerging corporate legal issues
- Help build corporate compliance programs and scalable processes for a high-growth company
Your Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of legal and business aspects of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, and initial public offerings
- Strong understanding of corporate and securities law
- Ability to drive all legal aspects of corporate transactions, including managing outside counsel
- Experience with office lease agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Service-oriented and responsive working style
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Desire to pitch in and help where needed in fast-growing startup
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
Your Education and Experience
- Licensed to practice law in the US
- Minimum 4 years of experience practicing corporate law at a highly regarded law firm and/or a large in-house legal department
- Deep experience handling mergers and acquisitions, equity financing transactions, and stock options
- Substantial experience with technology clients and/or at a technology company
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?