Vice President Partner Channels
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As the Vice President, Global Channels you will drive the rapid acceleration of our global partner organization, provide leadership for a collaborative, high-performing alliances and partner sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the VP, Global Channels will work jointly with OwnBackup’s Sales leadership team to develop and implement win-win partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market strategies, and business development initiatives.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Lead the effective collaboration of “deal level” tactics between sales and partners at both new and existing customers to drive new logos & influence revenue.
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams’ mappings and ensure that teams are working together on the front line to identify, penetrate, and close large, complex, enterprise software deals.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate co-sell opportunities.
- Build and drive joint strategy and business plans for Global Partners by segment and geography that include compelling joint value propositions, clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors, and milestone and progress tracking metrics.
- Establish and execute sales and technical governance models to maintain leadership input and alignment.
- Develop key partner infrastructure, including sufficient and scalable processes, forecasting, compensation, training, and operational initiatives.
- Oversee partner enablement to ensure partners are properly trained and motivated to sell and deliver OwnBackup product and service offerings.
- Ensure standards for partner delivery excellence and customer satisfaction are maintained or exceeded.
- Work with marketing to recommend and help produce requisite and up-to-date assets that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
Your Work Experience
- You should be a team player who is goal-oriented with aptitude and desire to build a high-performing team.
- Ability to “get things done”, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve tough business problems, working in concert with others
- Grow and close large global accounts through partners, selling a combination of products and services. Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue and corporate objectives.
- Strong business planning with securing field sales, channel sales, and partner sales leadership.
- Set a clear vision, develop a strategic plan, engage senior management, and meet quarterly objectives.
- Track and report on progress towards goals, promptly identifying and resolving obstacles as needed.
- Strong capabilities in building and executing channel strategies by segment and geography
- Develop and deliver sales strategies, tracking progress and assuming responsibility to executive leadership for outcomes.
- Influential leader with ability to deliver results in non-controlled settings.
- Highly professional, polished, and collaborative leader with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence.
- Self-directed, relationship-focused, confident in their intentions and those of the organization.
- Be adaptable, flexible, and thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
- 10 years of experience in leading global alliances for Enterprise SaaS.
- Focused on driving partner revenue and growth with key Systems Integrators and Business partners through an enterprise sales environment.
- SaaS, Infrastructure, or backup Ecosystem
- GSI and Channel Reseller utilization
- Hands on/ Player Coach; experience leading and building teams
- Experience with Channel Sales Models in a SaaS environment
- VARs (Value Add Resellers) exp is priority
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?