Technical Support Engineer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is seeking a passionate, dedicated, and highly motivated Technical Support Engineer with great communication skills who is a natural problem solver and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is a unique opportunity to expand and utilize your support skills and experience through interaction with companies from a myriad of industries, experience the countless configurations and customer environments where our products are implemented, and help our customers recover from mission-critical events.
Additionally, you'll gain certifications in numerous ecosystems, gaining a deeper understanding of the platforms we use every day while becoming more skilled.
- A curious engineer who loves to discover how things work and determine how to improve them
- Enjoy learning new technologies with a view to defining optimal solutions
- Enjoy taking ideas from conception to delivery
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- Enjoy working collaboratively with product and engineering teams to deliver value to clients
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Responsibility for providing product support to Ownbackup Clients
- Assist customers with basic troubleshooting and answer questions within the defined support SLA
- Identifying root causes and proposing test cases and solutions to fix the problem.
- Providing timely information to customer-facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Mentoring internal support teams on technical issues and best practices
- Building relationships with other teams across Customer Service, Product, and Development, as a technical expert
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring, and alerting)
- Drive complex, high-profile, customer technical escalations
- Have a strong interest in growing your career and participating in our internal training programs and mentorship initiatives.
Your Work Experience
- 2+ years experience in Services and Support roles, such as Customer Success, Professional Services, Technical support
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent / Native English - Verbal and written
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge of API’s and SaaS systems desirable
- Experience with Kibana/other loging tools desirable
- 1+ year(s) experience with Salesforce as an Admin desirable
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our London office to maximise collaboration and interaction with business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, private health insurance, and a pension plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customises the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?