Senior Software Engineer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to help us build the next generation of products for end-to-end SaaS data protection. This Senior Engineer will be building and innovating to help us expand in the ServiceNow ecosystem.
- Are a curious engineer who loves to discover how things work and determine how to improve them
- Enjoy learning new technologies with a view to defining optimal solutions
- Enjoy taking ideas from conception from delivery
- Are self motivated and have excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively with product and engineering teams to deliver value to clients
Your Work Experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- A minimum of 4 years experience with Python
- 4+ years of experience architecting products and solutions
- Experience with solutioning for large data volumes
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology
- Experience developing enterprise grade products
- Deliver full features into production environment
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is desirable
- An understanding of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) is desirable
- An understanding of ServiceNow application node operations is desirable
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Write code with the highest standards with a strong focus on privacy and security controls
- Lead and deliver full E2E features that require coding in both Back End and Front End
- Evaluate new technologies with a view to improve the tech stack for the product
- Participate in design meetings
- Lead epics end-to-end - working with Product and the R&D team
- Conduct code reviews and always strive for quality
- Coach junior members of the team
- Work in highly dynamic agile environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.