Senior Software Engineer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We believe every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative, thrive in a dynamic environment, and are a great team player you will love working here.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Developer with a strong background in Java or Python to join our dynamic Archiver Group. As a Senior Developer, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining large-scale systems that power our industry leading Archive solution. Your expertise in Kubernetes, queuing systems, Git, and Scrum methodologies will be pivotal in driving the success of our projects.
We value our clients' success and aim to exceed their expectations through our software solutions. As a Senior Developer, you will embody a client-centric mindset by actively seeking to understand client needs, collaborating closely with them, and ensuring that our systems align with their goals. Your ability to bridge the gap between technical excellence and client satisfaction will contribute significantly to the Archiver group success
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including architects, product managers, and fellow developers to design and implement scalable, high-performance software systems.
- Lead the design and development of critical components of our applications, ensuring they meet performance, security, and reliability standards.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code using Java, Python, or other relevant programming languages.
- Utilize your in-depth understanding of large-scale systems to optimize system performance and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Implement and manage containerization and orchestration using Kubernetes to deploy and scale applications.
- Integrate queuing systems (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ) into our architecture to ensure efficient data flow and message processing.
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to team members and promoting best practices.
- Champion the use of Git for version control, ensuring proper branching, merging, and code repository management.
- Collaborate with the team to adhere to Agile/Scrum methodologies, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality software iterations.
- Mentor junior developers, share your expertise, and contribute to the growth of the development team.
Your Work Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Python/Java backend developer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated history of providing exceptional client value through technical solutions and being client-centric.
- Proven track record as a Senior Developer with hands-on experience in designing and implementing large-scale software systems.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Design.
- Strong understanding of containerization and orchestration using Kubernetes in a production environment. Familiarity with microservices architecture and related technologies.
- Experience with queuing systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar technologies.
- Solid grasp of version control concepts and practical experience using Git for collaborative software development.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex issues across different layers of a software application.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor junior developers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and growth
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Tel Aviv office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, meal tickets for lunch, and a pension plan.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organisations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.