Senior Site Reliability Engineer, FedRAMP
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, FedRAMP to join our New Jersey office. This is a great opportunity to join a VC-backed, fast-growing start-up that empowers its people to innovate, test, and implement their ideas.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Collaborate with your teammates to make the best long term solution for the company as possible while balancing the immediate needs today brings.
- Responsible for our high scaled multi Cloud production environments (AWS & Azure)
- Work on securing the Gov Cloud Environment, planning for High Availability, Disaster Recovery and the overall FedRamp controls
- Work closely with Engineering, Security and other SRE engineers to streamline processes, releases and patches while keeping FedRamp controls in mind
- Develop our Cloud using Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Improve our Cloud security using advance security technics
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Responsible for our Deployment procedure (Jenkins & Ansible)
- Write Helm Charts and Ansible to deploy our components to AWS EKS/ Azure AKS
- Support and improve upon our observability framework and tooling
- Design and develop tools for managing and applying DevOps principles, such as CI/CD automation and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on our Cloud-based production systems
- Continuously improving our cloud production environments and their efficiency
- Consulting the organization on various DevOps related aspects, such as CI/CD, compute, storage, networking infrastructure, and security
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Elasticsearch, and more
- Continuously contributing feedback to the team and leadership to drive to the best possible version of the team and processes, and always moving forward
Your Work Experience
- At least 5-8 years experience as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, Infrastructure Engineer or Software Engineer
- 2+ year experience with platform development in compliance with FedRamp requirements and related government standards, policies, regulations, etc.
- Passion to learn cutting edge technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams, ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Linux / Unix
- Experience working with live production
- Experience with B2B SaaS, live production environments
- Cloud experience required. AWS and Azure experience preferred. GovCloud experience is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management systems Ansible and Terraform
- Experience in CI/CD and related tooling (Gitlab and Jenkins)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, K8s)
- Fluent in English - working with global teams
- Database management experience (MariaDB, Postgres)
- Experience in one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience working in a Global, 24x7x365 organization
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Nexus, Docker, K8s, etc)
- An eye for seeing a complicated process and desire to automate it out of existence.
Role will require
- Some International Travel
- NJ Office attendance 2-3 times per week to interact with team
- Early hours at times to overlap with Israel timezone
- Pager/On-Call Duties
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.