Principal Data Engineer
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative, thrive in a dynamic environment, and are a great team player you will love working here.
Our Tel Aviv office is seeking a cross-group Principal Data Engineer. Among your responsibilities, you will design and implement data solutions that meet the needs of the business. This is a great opportunity to join a young, VC-backed, fast-growing start-up that encourages its employees to innovate and implement their ideas.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Help to identify the right solution for development challenges related to DB (which DB to use and how).
- Responsible for the schemas.
- Train developers to use the DB according to best practices.
- Verify upgrades.
- Define and promote DB management tools consolidation.
Your Work Experience
- 6+ years of experience as a DBA
- BS.c, MS.c degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology
- Experience working with large data scales
- Excel in teamwork, critical thinking, adaptability, problem analysis, initiative, communication skills, risk-taking, and planning & organizing.
- knowledge of database technologies including Relational DB, DocumentDB, ElasticSearch, and data warehouse is an advantage.
- Understands processes, roles, policies, standards, and metrics that ensure the effective and efficient use of data/information, data privacy and confidentiality, and risks and mitigations.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – can communicate clear technical solutions to complex data problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 1+ years of experience in Python programming
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Document DB, Redis, Linux
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Tel Aviv office to maximise collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, meal tickets for lunch and a pension plan.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.