Product Research Manager
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
As the Product Research Manager at Own, you will be a key member of our Market Intelligence team and Product Marketing Organization. You will use primary and secondary research to support the continued development of our market-leading solutions and to enhance our understanding of our markets and target customers. By working closely with colleagues in our Marketing, Product Development and Go-To-Market functions, your work will inform strategic and tactical decisions on product roadmap, messaging, positioning and revenue-driving activities. You will play a critical role in ensuring that our organization stays ahead in a dynamic and rapidly evolving market. Join us on this exciting journey of growth and success!
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop customer research programs to gather actionable insights that inform decisions on product roadmap, messaging, positioning and revenue-driving activities
- Vet and recruit research participants from our existing customer base for surveys, interviews, user groups, workshops and pre-release programs
- Collaborate with colleagues in our Product Marketing and Product Development teams on the execution of primary research projects
- Provide regular reporting to inform product, marketing and sales strategy – analyzing data and distilling complex information into meaningful findings and recommendations
- Manage third-party insight resources to help colleagues across the business make best-informed decisions
- Enable colleagues in Sales to leverage research-based resources to generate and convert sales opportunities
- Conduct research to support new product development, with a particular focus on informing decisions on product capabilities from inception to pre-release phases
- Partner with Product Marketing in gathering feedback to develop, test and refine our messaging and positioning
Your Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or market research
- 3-5 years research experience in B2B tech, preferably SaaS; 5-7 years overall experience in research, marketing, product development or customer-facing roles
- Experience with various research techniques to generate informed answers to questions
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn
- Customer focus – in this role, our customers are internal teams and it is imperative we deliver a great service and experience
- Ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Extremely organized, methodical and detail-oriented
- Experience with data analytics a plus
You may have extensive work experience but this is not a prerequisite. Applications are welcome from candidates looking to develop a career in the technology sector.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our London office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximise collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, private health insurance, and a pension plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.