Solution Engineer, Partner Channel
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
As a Solution Engineer, Channel you will be a key member of our channel partner team. You will be responsible for owning the technical discussions, product demonstrations, and enablement sessions for our channel partners' technical teams. In addition, you will work closely with the larger Solution Engineering team, DevOps, and R&D teams to provide customer feedback and further our products.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Regular interaction with partner technical principals, architects, system engineers, executives, and sales and sales management at both existing and prospective value-added resellers (VARs)
- Align our go-to-market strategy with that of our channel partners to ensure growth and long-term relationships with our most strategic channel partners.
- Conduct regular technical training presentations with partner technical and sales teams to ensure understanding and articulation of our product and company value.
- Be the trusted advisor and advocate to our channel partners and regional sales engineering teams as an extension of the Solution Engineering team.
- Assist with the driving pipeline, sales qualification, and closing business through the channel.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Build meaningful relationships between assigned channel partners and our internal SE Teams.
- Provide regular feedback from the channel for the R&D team.
- Travel – Up to 60%
Your Work Experience
- MUST HAVE: Three plus years experience as a Solution Engineer in a pre-sales capacity working with channel partners
- In-depth knowledge of the Salesforce platform, including a deep understanding of data models, security, and third-party apps
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks, and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Good planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience leveraging the Salesforce APIs, managed packages, and Salesforce third-party apps.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services and Azure technology stacks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud security principles
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.