Enterprise Applications Project Manager
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The Enterprise Applications Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a cross-functional project throughout the initiative lifecycle, from ideation through implementation and roll out to the market. This individual, core to the Enterprise Applications team, will work across all functions in the organization and with vendors, building confidence in the discipline, keeping the team aligned on the future state, setting transparent expectations, and ensuring continuous improvement along the way. They will have a constant focus on proactive communication to a variety of stakeholders. The project manager will be part of a collaborative, strategic, supportive environment that encourages every team member to iterate, learn, and share best practices.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Lead multiple projects by facilitating cross-functional team(s) to deliver against the business goal. This may include operating as scrum master and traditional PM at different points in time.
- Work closely with functional leaders and technical teams to develop strong relationships across the organization.
- Identify resource requirements based on business and solution requirements, working with resource managers to obtain project commitment.
- Educate teams and leaders on a variety of methodologies and approaches based on the project needs.
- Lead, coach, motivate, serve cross functional team in delivering desired initiative results.
- Manage project scope, time, budget, and resources while maintaining progress visibility.
- Produce, maintain, and socialize relevant program deliverables such as charter, work plan, regular status reporting, executive materials, etc.
- Ensure timelines are well understood and expectations are continuously reiterated.
- Communicate relentlessly and transparently with various levels and functions throughout the organization
- Ensure all appropriate aspects of the project are documented and relevant metrics tracked and reported. Work closely with Program Managers to roll up project metrics to the program or portfolio level.
- Ensure the right level of urgency and focus on quality of deliverables and speed to market.
- Identify and remove impediments and resolve issues to facilitate project delivery.
- Manage all risks, dependencies, and budgets associated with the initiative.
- Provide clarity in ambiguous situations, facilitating collaborative decision-making.
- Lead project level change management and stakeholder engagement/ alignment activities.
- Focus on Change Management and Stakeholder engagement/ alignment.
- Contribute to functional advancement by devising and rolling out new methodologies, tools, best practices, or addressing organizational gaps.
Your Work Experience
- 3+ years experience in role utilizing various project management methodologies (waterfall, scrum, kanban, SAFe, hybrid) with successful delivery results required.
- Experience with a variety of project management tools (JIRA, Asana, workfront, etc.)
- Experience leading cross-functional business system or process change initiatives
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality results on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to multitask, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a desire to learn
- Demonstrates analytical, strategic mindset to execute and deliver solutions
- Ability to produce and develop insights based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Consistently takes a proactive approach to solving problems
- Leader with high emotional intelligence who builds relationships, credibility, and collaboration across diverse groups
- Has the ability to lead, coach, and influence without authority
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Possess a set of attitudes and beliefs that support an agile work environment
- Develops self and others to cultivate high performing teams
- Ability to speak with a diverse range of people of all backgrounds and expertise
- Design Thinking, or Change Management experience desired
- PMP certification a plus
- Agile SCRUM Master Certification a plus
- Experience delivering regulatory, data security, or government certification projects a plus
- Experience in a business analyst role a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.