Director, Field Sales Operations
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The team is looking for a Director, Field Sales Operations to support the business drivers and functional leaders that are foundational to the go to market and sales success. The Field Sales Operations Director is responsible for ensuring the efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of the field sales team. This role involves strategic planning, data analysis, process improvement, and team management to drive sales growth and achieve business objectives. If you are a highly motivated and results-driven professional with a passion for sales motions and driving business growth, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and be part of our mission to deliver exceptional partner support across various channels to reach and engage our target audience effectively.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans that align with the company's overall sales and revenue goals.
- Analyze sales data, trends, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and growth opportunities.
- Continuously assess and refine the sales processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness, from lead generation to deal closure.
- Allocate and optimize sales territories to ensure equitable distribution of resources and maximize sales potential.
- Recruit, train, and manage field sales representatives, providing coaching and mentoring to improve their performance.
- Develop requirements to manage sales automation tools, CRM systems, and other technology to support the sales team.
- Define and track KPIs to evaluate the performance of the field sales team and individual sales representatives.
- Stay informed about market trends, competition, and industry changes to adapt sales strategies accordingly.
- Generate regular reports and dashboards to communicate sales performance and trends to senior management.
- Work closely with other departments, such as marketing, product development, and customer support, to ensure a coordinated approach to customer engagement and sales.
Your Work Experience
- 5-7 years experience in a sales or revenue operations role
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with Salesforce operations functions such as dashboards and reporting, as well as forecasting tools like Clari
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Comfortable analyzing and visualizing data in Excel/Google Sheets, Salesforce and Clari
- Proficiency in using CRM and project management software.
- Experience with reporting, modeling, and forecasting business performance.
- Proven experience in management, business development, or a related role.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of channel partners, alliance partners and the competitive landscape is a plus
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality in campaign execution and data management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and work effectively under tight deadlines
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.