Salesforce Technical Consultant
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
The Own Customer Success team is looking for a driven and detail oriented Salesforce Technical Consultant. You will have responsibility for a number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of their Own investment. The Salesforce Technical Consultant will have a track record in translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the Own platform as well as the wider technical landscape. You will forge relationships with your customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical best practices and act as point of contact for any major incidents, managing the customer’s expectations and communications through resolution of such incidents.
The ideal Salesforce Technical Consultant is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, building relationships, has excellent collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently. They are creative and like to solve problems.
Own is growing rapidly and the best candidates will be able to manage multiple priorities, drive innovation, keep customers satisfied and act independently.
The Salesforce Technical Consultant will likely be required to travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s needs.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefit customers’ ongoing usage of Salesforce and Own products
- Attain a Trusted Advisor status with both key business and technical decision-makers
- Identify key industry business process areas for the opportunity to use the Salesforce platform
- Lead DR planning activities and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions to customers’ business needs in this area
- In support of the Customer Success Manager and Account Executive, monitor and identify trends in Salesforce adoption and utilisation, Success Plan adoption and utilization, providing guidance as part of periodic reviews
- Forewarn customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies
- Provide proactive communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption
- Participate in issues and act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction
- Provide timely account or issue executive level summary status reports both internally and to the customer
- Identify and collaborate with internal teams to ameliorate renewal risks for both license and success plans subscriptions
Your Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Salesforce Admin, Customer Success, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture
- Proficient with both declarative and programmatic product features in Salesforce
- Proficient with use of the Salesforce APIs
- 2 or more Salesforce product certifications or equivalent work experience
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems scale business
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features
- Second language is a benefit
- Occasional travel may be required
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our San Diego, CA office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
The base salary hiring range for this position is $100,000 to $125,000. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon various factors such as education, training, skills, qualifications, competencies, years of experience, job-related knowledge, scope of the role, and location.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.