Manager, Software Engineering
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own, a leading data protection platform, is seeking a skilled and dynamic Software Engineering Team Lead to oversee the development of new features and modules. In this role, you will play a critical part in promoting engineering excellence while building scalable and high-quality software.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Manage and lead a product engineering team of 6-10 engineers
- Partner with Product Managers to deliver on product roadmap
- Responsible for productivity of the team
- Partner with peers on other product teams to ensure standardization across the organization
- Lead the team as a Scrum Master and work closely with Product Manager, Principal Data Engineer within the team
- Writing your code (about 50 %) with the highest coding standard with a strong focus on data privacy, and security controls
- Leading and delivering full E2E features that requires both coding in Back End & Front End
- Evaluating new technologies with a view to improving the tech stack for the product
- Participate in design meetings
- Communicating with clients
- Leading epics end to end as tech lead - working with Product and the R&D team
- Doing code reviews and pushing for quality
- Coaching the junior members of the team
- Working in highly dynamic agile environment
Your Work Experience
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with Python; experience with React is desirable
- Good to have experience with Ruby On Rails
- 4+ years of experience leading/managing an engineering team
- Experience with UI\UX
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology
- Development of enterprise grade products
- Knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes - desirable
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) - desirable
- Deliver full features into production environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.