Senior Corporate Counsel
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
As Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial, you will play a critical role in Own Company’s commercial and legal growth strategy. You will play a leading role in negotiating Own Company’s largest enterprise customer contracts, and help Own Company mature its commercial legal practices as it scales its operations. The successful candidate will have robust experience handling contract negotiations with the world’s largest business customers, and will understand and be able to replicate and adapt proven business and contract practices of successful technology companies.
What you’ll do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate agreements with enterprise customers in the US, Canada, and Latin America
- Help build compliance programs, business practices, and playbooks to help Own scale its Legal function as the company continues its rapid growth
- Educate Own stakeholders on commercial contracting strategy and best practices
What you’ll need:
- Licensed to practice law in state of residence
- Minimum 7 years of experience handling outbound commercial contracts for technology companies, as in-house counsel and/or at law firms
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating enterprise SaaS / cloud agreements with Fortune 500 customers and other technology and commercial agreements
- Experience collaborating with Sales teams
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Team Player, with a desire to pitch in and help where needed in fast-growing startup
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Being enthusiastic while taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business (Please note this role is required 3 days minimum in office).
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.