Senior Software Development Engineer
Pandion is a technology-first transportation provider. Tailor-made for e-commerce, Pandion delivers a high performing, carbon neutral, one-day and two-day delivery experience for all. We are a startup, and want people who are interested in moving fast, breaking things, and building something amazing from scratch.
We are an agile team with continuous integration and you will be responsible for designing and building many of the new components. Logistics provides many of the toughest problems to solve in industry. The problem space spans many challenges on which the customer experience is dependent, including forecasting demand, network route pathfinding, data analysis, and building, scaling, and improving tools. Pandion continuously seeks to focus on serving the needs of e-commerce shippers and their customers.
If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop new technologies and high-performing operations, come build the future with us!
About the Role
Pandion is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Development Engineer with a strong focus on backend development to join our dynamic team. As a Senior SDE, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and maintaining robust and scalable backend systems that power our innovative software solutions.
In this role, you will leverage your deep expertise in backend technologies and programming languages to architect and implement high-performance, reliable, and secure backend systems. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers and data scientists, to understand requirements, design efficient APIs, and ensure seamless integration of backend components with frontend and data layers.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in backend software development.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Kotlin or Python.
- Strong knowledge of backend frameworks and technologies, RESTful APIs, and database management systems.
- Experience with system architecture, scalability, and cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Proficiency in unit testing, integration testing, and test-driven development (TDD).
- Working knowledge of operational dashboards, alerting, and log analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical thinking, and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities to work effectively in a team environment.
- Leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices and tools, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or AWS Code Pipeline.
- Familiarity with container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to back-end load and performance testing.
- Track record of developing minimal viable products using iterative methodology.
Pandion offers an excellent benefits package including Medical Insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance. Employees are eligible for 401(k) contribution match. Employees are eligible for equity options to purchase stock in the company. Estimated Salary of $169,000-$210,000 per year + Equity + Benefits.
Pandion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.