Area Manager - ORD
Pandion is a technology-first transportation provider. Tailor-made for e-commerce, Pandion delivers a high performing, carbon neutral, one-day and two-day delivery experience for all. We are a startup, and want people who are interested in moving fast, breaking things, and building something amazing from scratch.
We are an agile team with continuous integration and you will be responsible for designing and building many of the new components. Logistics provides many of the toughest problems to solve in industry. The problem space spans many challenges on which the customer experience is dependent, including forecasting demand, network route pathfinding, data analysis, and building, scaling, and improving tools. Pandion continuously seeks to focus on serving the needs of e-commerce shippers and their customers.
If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop new technologies and high-performing operations, come build the future with us!
About the Role
You will be responsible for managing Pandion's sort center operations as well as local yard management, inbound transportation operations, and outbound transportation operations in accordance with our network design. This leader will drive transportation and operations related compliance as well as assess and analyze operations financial performance to continuously optimize operation efficiency. A willingness to navigate ambiguity and define comprehensive training, de-escalate and solve for points of friction as well as apply cross-functional leadership skills to deliver a positive, safe and quality product for both internal and external customers is a must. This includes continuously improving all aspects of the operation as well as maintaining constant communication and collaboration with Pandion’s support teams and executive leadership.
In this role, you will develop a team of roughly 3-5 operational Leads to assist in the building's 24 hour coverage.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- One plus years of business experience within transportation or IB/OB logistics - preferably in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to create mechanisms to capture quality and productivity performance and ensure a safe working environment
- Professional experience working in a sortation center, fulfillment, or manufacturing environment supervising hourly teams.
- Experienced with data analytics and metrics reporting
- Able to work on nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Experienced in carrier or 3rd party management
- Well-versed in multi-shift planning
- Trained in operational safety best practices
- Experience in creating and/or maintaining mechanisms to capture and analyze customer feedback
Pandion offers an excellent benefits package including Medical Insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance. Employees are eligible for 401(k) contribution match. Employees are eligible for equity options to purchase stock in the company.Estimated Salary of $62,000-$80,000 per year + Equity + Benefits.
Pandion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.