Program Manager Final Mile
Pandion is a technology-first transportation provider. Tailor-made for e-commerce, Pandion delivers a high performing, carbon neutral, one-day and two-day delivery experience for all. We are a startup, and want people who are interested in moving fast, breaking things, and building something amazing from scratch.
We are an agile team with continuous integration and you will be responsible for designing and building many of the new components. Logistics provides many of the toughest problems to solve in industry. The problem space spans many challenges on which the customer experience is dependent, including forecasting demand, network route pathfinding, data analysis, and building, scaling, and improving tools. Pandion continuously seeks to focus on serving the needs of e-commerce shippers and their customers.
If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop new technologies and high-performing operations, come build the future with us!
Who We Are and What We Do
Our team is made up of the best and the brightest in our industry. We come from legendary backgrounds and companies.
We are thankful we have the freedom and opportunity to build the future—for our company, our customers, and our communities. Together, with vision, optimism, grit, and restlessness, we create the energy that drives our business forward.
We believe people are at the core of every business, and that all people deserve the best. This drives our obsession with improving the experience of retailers and customers. It also drives the team and behavior we cultivate inside Pandion, which is designed to set up our employees for success and is built on the idea that every day is an opportunity for improvement.
There is nothing more important to our business than hiring great, results-proven, customer-focused people. If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop high-performance operations, come build a great company with us!
What You’ll Do as Program Manager, Final Mile
Your experience, creative insights, problem-solving skills, passion for the customer, and your leadership triumphs are the cornerstones of the Program Manager, Final Mile role at Pandion. The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for final mile parcel operations with scope of sourcing, vetting, onboarding, and managing final mile carriers.
- Be responsible for ensuring parcel operations meet cost per package and cost per unit goals, and regularly interface with finance to project cost movement.
- Be responsible for day-to-day data mining and analysis to drive parcel solutions aimed at cost reduction or broader network optimization.
- Be part of a parcel operations team that is accountable for coverage, service, cost, and carrier capacity.
- Operate with urgency in a dynamic environment as business priorities shift.
- Exhibit critical and creative thinking and a demonstrated mentality of challenging the status quo.
- Develop into a position of increasing scope and responsibility through personal growth in supply chain and business acumen.
- Identify, prioritize, design, and implement continuous improvement and cost-saving projects that interface with sort center operations, engineering and technology, and business development.
- Provide final mile parcel data inputs to cross-functional projects and programs, while offering guidance with respect to operational impact and ROI
- Build and model scenarios in conjunction with network design, finance, and key business partners to ensure cost predictability.
- Prepare contingency capacity options for the network.
- Deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews.
- Provide key inputs into network capacity planning.
- Communicate with the Pandion executive leadership team regarding priorities and projects.
Where You Have Been and What Have You Done
Qualifications grounded in experience are valuable in assessing an opportunity and a candidate. Beyond proven performance, the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience and efficiency in Excel, data modeling or SQL, tableau, Microsoft BI, or python.
- 3+ years’ experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain
- Demonstrated experience in driving transportation performance as well as carrier relationship management.
- A desire to grow professionally as the role’s responsibility grows rapidly with the business.
- An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
What Happens Next
Pandion is all about speed, efficiency, transparency, and quality. We strive for these same attributes in our recruiting and hiring processes. If you are interested in this position, we’d like to hear from you; but first, do the following:
- Review the “What You’ll Do” list above and ask yourself:
- Have I successfully done (most of) these before?
- Can I give examples and details regarding (most of) these?
- What haven’t I done that is on this list?
If you feel confident that your experiences match these needs, then we can’t wait to review your application. We will carefully consider your background and qualifications. If we feel there is a match, we will quickly reach out to you and discuss the next steps.
What We Offer to the Program Manager, Final Mile
Estimated Salary of $116,855 - $136,500 per year + Equity + Benefits.
Pandion offers a benefits package including Medical Insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance. Employees are eligible for 401(k) contribution match. Employees are eligible for equity options to purchase stock in the company.
Pandion is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This role is onsite in Lewisville, Texas.
Thank you for considering Pandion. We are looking forward to hearing from you.