Senior Manager, Final Mile Transportation
Pandion is a technology-first transportation provider. Tailor-made for e-commerce, Pandion delivers a high performing, carbon neutral, one-day and two-day delivery experience for all. We are a startup, and want people who are interested in moving fast, breaking things, and building something amazing from scratch.
We are an agile team with continuous integration and you will be responsible for designing and building many of the new components. Logistics provides many of the toughest problems to solve in industry. The problem space spans many challenges on which the customer experience is dependent, including forecasting demand, network route pathfinding, data analysis, and building, scaling, and improving tools. Pandion continuously seeks to focus on serving the needs of e-commerce shippers and their customers.
If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop new technologies and high-performing operations, come build the future with us!
Who We Are and What We Do
Our team is made up of the best and the brightest in our industry. We come from legendary backgrounds and companies.
We are thankful we have the freedom and opportunity to build the future—for our company, our customers, and our communities. Together, with vision, optimism, grit, and restlessness, we create the energy that drives our business forward.
We believe people are at the core of every business, and that all people deserve the best. This drives our obsession with improving the experience of retailers and customers. It also drives the team and behavior we cultivate inside Pandion, which is designed to set up our employees for success and is built on the idea that every day is an opportunity for improvement.
There is nothing more important to our business than hiring great, results-proven, customer-focused people. If you are obsessed with customers and excited to develop high-performance operations, come build a great company with us!
What You Will Do as the Senior Manager, Final Mile Transportation
Your experience, creative insights, problem-solving skills, passion for the customer, and leadership triumphs are the cornerstones of the Senior Manager, Final Mile Transportation role at Pandion. The successful candidate will:
- Own carrier relationships, pricing negotiations, spend management, operational support/capacity planning, data visibility/analysis, and invoice validation.
- Drive carrier performance to align with Pandion's best-in-class practices.
- Identify gaps and opportunities across the network.
- Drive key strategic initiatives.
- Implement new systems and processes within the Final Mile Space.
- Create and scale a network.
- Build and develop a team of Final Mile Managers.
Where You Have Been and What Have You Done
Qualifications grounded in experience are valuable in assessing an opportunity and a candidate. Beyond proven performance, the successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in transportation and supply chain.
- An extensive logistics background.
- Strong connections within traditional Carrier Networks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team in a fast-paced, demanding, and high transaction volume environment with a focus on service.
- Proven ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
What Happens Next
Pandion is all about speed, efficiency, transparency, and quality. We strive for these same attributes in our recruiting and hiring processes. If you are interested in this position, we would like to hear from you; but first, do the following:
- Review the “What You’ll Do” list above and ask yourself:
- Have I successfully done (most of) these before?
- Can I give examples and details regarding (most of) these?
- What haven’t I done that is on this list?
If you feel confident that your experiences match these needs, then we cannot wait to review your application. We will carefully consider your background and qualifications. If we feel there is a match, we will quickly reach out to you and discuss the next steps.
What We Offer to the Senior Manager, Final Mile Transportation
Estimated Salary of $120,000 - $160,000 per year + Equity + Benefits.
Pandion offers a benefits package including Medical Insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance. Employees are eligible for 401(k) contribution match. Employees are eligible for equity options to purchase stock in the company.
Pandion is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This role is onsite in Lewisville, Texas.
Thank you for considering Pandion. We are looking forward to hearing from you.