Commercial Account Executive
As a Commercial Account Executive at Panther Labs, you will be helping industry-leading security teams adopt and use our product to secure their organizations. In this role, you will be actively selling to new and existing accounts - prospecting, pitching, negotiating contracts, and closing deals.
As a member of the sales team, you will be the first point of contact for new prospects to learn more about Panther’s product and will be key to driving new revenue opportunities for the business. By collaborating closely with various internal stakeholders, you will create a strong feedback loop with our product team with feedback driven by customer demand.
The right candidate for this role is a technically-savvy problem-solver who can close deals while also contributing to our evolving sales process. Success for this role will require a strong knowledge of Panther’s product, and the ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting any breach, anywhere. The company was founded by security practitioners who lived through the difficulty of trying to protect large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security problems with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry innovators, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Coatue Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners, S28 Capital, Snowflake Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, and Innovation Endeavors, Panther has raised $140M, and is driving innovation disrupting the cyber security space. Panther's customers include industry-leading technology companies such as Figma, Gusto, Coinbase, and Dropbox, most of them being mid-large enterprises and they are very much modern technology cloud-forward companies. The company was featured for a second year in a row on EnterpriseTech30's startup list, most as recently as #6 on the list of mid-stage, emerging technology companies!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Create Customer Love, Be an Owner, and Take Care of the Team. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Develop and implement outbound strategies to introduce Panther to Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) accounts.
- Convert our inbound demand into new closed business.
- Assist in the creation of sales assets by identifying gaps and suggesting improvements in our evolving sales process.
- Influence the product roadmap on behalf of customers and prospects.
- Ensure commercial success for your customers throughout their lifecycle by managing renewals and upsells.
- Be an outstanding team player and mentor to your colleagues, both within and outside your department.
- 2+ years in a closing and quota-carrying role in the past, while consistently exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets
- Experience in selling B2B technical SaaS products, preferably in the cyber security sector
- Have the technical competency to understand Panther's software and establish strong relationships with highly technical customers.
- The ability to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure a unified approach to customer engagement.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient with a standard tech stack for SaaS sellers, including CRM, Outreach, Prospect Research, etc.
- Candidates based in the Central and Eastern time zones are preferred.
- Unlimited PTO policy, with a minimum requirement of 15 days off per year, observing major US holidays, as well as an end of the year break
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person, and in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Cash compensation range: 220,000 OTE (50/50 pay split) USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary and on-target commission for employees in eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Pantherinos are eligible to participate in our equity plan to receive Incentive Stock Options (ISO). Individual compensation packages are based on a few factors unique to each candidate, including their location, experience, and expertise, and may vary from the above-mentioned range.