Principal Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing team serves as the backbone of Panther’s Go-to-Market strategy and execution. All PMMs are expected to be strong strategists, cross-functional collaborators, process managers, and hands-on content creators. This role requires deep empathy for internal and external customers combined with a bend for creatively finding ways to solve their problems using our products, services, and ideas. The scope of this role includes messaging, positioning, product launches, sales enablement, competitive analysis, customer and market research, analyst relations, and support of key projects for other marketing functions. This role will report to our Vice President of Marketing.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting any breach, anywhere. The company was founded by security practitioners who lived through the difficulty of trying to protect large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security problems with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry innovators, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Coatue Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners, S28 Capital, Snowflake Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, and Innovation Endeavors, Panther has raised $140M, and is driving innovation disrupting the cyber security space. Panther's customers include industry-leading technology companies such as Figma, Gusto, Coinbase, and Dropbox, most of them being mid-large enterprises and they are very much modern technology cloud-forward companies.The company was featured for a second year in a row on EnterpriseTech30's startup list, most as recently as #6 on the list of mid-stage, emerging technology companies!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Create Customer Love, Be an Owner, and Take Care of the Team. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic GTM plans that leverage the power of Panther’s product to drive customer acquisition, adoption, and sales
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape
- Create engaging product-related content, such as website copy, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, and sales presentations, to support marketing campaigns and sales initiatives.
- Define key metrics, track performance, and provide regular reports on the success of product growth initiatives
- Represent Panther at industry events, conferences, and webinars to showcase our expertise and build brand recognition
- Function immediately as a hands-on “player/coach” managing a small team, and build the vision for PMM at Panther moving forward
- At least 7+ years of total work experience with 4+ years of direct product marketing experience in security, developer tooling, or other highly technical cloud-based enterprise software
- Experienced in end-to-end Product Marketing supporting strategy development and cross-functional execution
- Ability to analyze and translate complex information into clear, concise messaging that would position the product to address specific industry pain points
- Strong messaging and positioning skills with experience creating content to support all stages of the sales funnel
- A track record of leadership and influencing skills in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment
- Experienced in presenting in front of stakeholders, partners, press, analysts, and customers.
Cash compensation range: 175,000-210,000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary and on-target commission for employees in eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Pantherinos are eligible to participate in our equity plan to receive Incentive Stock Options (ISO). Individual compensation packages are based on a few factors unique to each candidate, including their location, experience, and expertise, and may vary from the above-mentioned range.
- Unlimited PTO policy, with a minimum requirement of 15 days off per year, observing major US holidays, as well as an end of the year break
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person, and in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of: race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.