Principal Product Manager - Detections
The Principal Product Manager for Panther’s Detections team will play a pivotal role in our organization. This team is the linchpin for refining and perfecting the mechanisms responsible for identifying threats and detections within Panther’s SIEM, encompassing both log and enrichment data. As a Panther Product Manager, you will oversee the entire process, from the initial discovery and understanding of user and business needs to the strategic prioritization of solutions. The role is instrumental in navigating projects from their conceptual stages, leveraging user research, to their successful launch. Your interactions will span across a spectrum, collaborating directly with users, designers, engineers, and partners, working cohesively to drive our product offerings forward. Reporting directly to our VP of Product Management, you'll be an integral part of propelling Panther’s detection capabilities to new heights.
Panther is a cybersecurity company with the mission of detecting any breach, anywhere. The company was founded by security practitioners that lived through the difficulty of trying to protect large organizations and wanted to build a solution that many teams could use. Panther solves modern security problems with detection-as-code, a cloud-native architecture, and a robust security data lake. Panther’s platform, used by many industry innovators, enables security teams to focus on security, detect attacks, and protect their organizations without the prohibitive overhead or excessive operational costs.
Backed by Coatue Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners, S28 Capital, Snowflake Ventures, ICONIQ Growth, and Innovation Endeavors, Panther has raised $140M and is driving innovation disrupting the cyber security space. Panther's customers include industry-leading technology companies such as Figma, Gusto, Coinbase, and Dropbox, most of them being mid-large enterprises and they are very much modern technology cloud-forward companies. The company was featured for a second year in a row on EnterpriseTech30's startup list, most as recently as #6 on the list of mid-stage, emerging technology companies!
Panther is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move: Be an Owner, Move Fast, and Take Care of the Team. We believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Lead the strategic planning and development of the detection functionalities within Panther's SIEM, overseeing log and enrichment data.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, User Experience, and Security Research, to align product strategies and prioritize feature development.
- Conduct in-depth market and user research to understand customer needs, competition, and emerging trends in the cybersecurity landscape.
- Work with the Detection Engineering team to manage feature execution, articulating clear requirements and monitoring progress throughout the feature lifecycle.
- Drive product vision, defining product roadmaps, and effectively communicate these strategies to stakeholders and leadership.
- Launch new features and products. Manage projects end-to-end, from initial definition to launch and validation with technical users.
- 9+ years of product management experience, with a focus on cybersecurity, threat detection, or SIEM solutions.
- Skilled in developing and implementing key product strategies and visions that shape the direction for an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with peers in research, engineering, sales, and product marketing.
- Experience in influencing multiple stakeholders and product teams to execute specific visions and strategies at an organizational level.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, capable of accurately translating and articulating positioning and technology.
- An entrepreneurial mindset driving growth and innovation, not afraid to take risks and to drive the success for your product.
Cash compensation range: 180,000- 235,000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary and on-target commission for employees in eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Pantherinos are eligible to participate in our equity plan to receive Incentive Stock Options (ISO). Individual compensation packages are based on a few factors unique to each candidate, including their location, experience, and expertise, and may vary from the above-mentioned range.
- Unlimited PTO policy, with a minimum requirement of 15 days off per year, observing major US holidays, as well as an end of the year break
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech needs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (remote or in-person, and in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
- Annual company off-sites in awesome locations (in conjunction with our in-person health and safety policy)
Panther labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.