Senior Software Engineer - Frontend - India, Remote
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, August 4, 2022
Join Us in Revolutionizing the Construction Industry
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and structuring the industry’s product data. We are building a digital platform that helps buyers quickly identify the right products for their project and helps sellers to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary technology, including advanced web scraping, computer vision, and AI. Our mission is to improve the affordability and sustainability of our built environment by bringing greater efficiency and transparency to the construction supply chain.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we have raised over $4M in seed financing from notable investors including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt) and Heartland Ventures. We are currently Beta testing our flagship product with ten industry-leading firms and plan to emerge from stealth in early 2022 for our public product launch. Over the next 18 months, we will expand our world-class engineering, product, and sales teams to drive significant market penetration of our product in five major metropolitan markets across the U.S.
We invite you to be at the forefront of the digital transformation of the construction industry.
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 5+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
PRODUCT & ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP
Jolan Martin (Product Manager) - Construction-tech product manager for 3+ years; Stanford MS
Sharique Arshi (Lead Software Architect) - 9+ years of experience in the software engineering industry while wearing different hats; IIT-G B.Tech.
Saurabh Khemka (AI Lead) - 8+ years of industrial experience in large scale model building and deployment, PhD in Neuroscience - Switzerland, IIT-R B. Tech.
Abhijit Mitra (Lead Frontend Engineer) - Spent 7+ years building highly scalable web applications, monorepo, micro-frontend architecture; ex-Tekion; Gauhati University B.Tech.
As an engineer, you will be getting an opportunity to develop the frontend of an intelligent construction technology platform.
1. Participate in building a scalable web application that is on par with the best tech products available in the market today
2. Design and develop end-to-end features
3. Develop high-quality software across all applications of the product
This is an exceptional opportunity to bring an entire industry to the forefront of the digital age, and we are excited to work together with like-minded and ambitious engineers like you to realize this potential.
Who you are:
- You have already worked as frontend engineer in developing early-stage projects, and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to build a top-tier product.
- You are passionate about making an impact in your field of interest
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous, but also understand the importance of rapid iteration in an agile development environment
- You are knowledgeable about how digitization & automation has impacted other industries and are excited to find new applications for technology in construction
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and believe that no task is beneath you when it comes to delivering a world-class product
- You love to learn and are especially good at picking up new concepts quickly
- You are self-driven and take pride in your work
- You are willing to occasionally make yourself available outside regular IST working hours to accommodate collaboration with a globally distributed team
What you will do:
- Build features that make companies feel super-powered
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on shipping high-quality products
- Own and develop product features from concept to implementation
- Work closely with the backend team, product managers, UX designers and end-users for integrating software components into a fully functional system
- Constant technological monitoring in line with the latest tech innovations to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience
- 4+ years of experience as a frontend developer building large scale web applications
- Should have understanding of Lerna JSShould have worked with monorepo architecture
- Should have knowledge of defining Typescript rules, ESLint rules, Prettier rules and pre-commit configurations Should have knowledge of UI libraries like Material UI, Ant DesignShould have an understanding of Styled Components or Emotion JSDeep understanding of React QueryUnderstanding of Jest test framework
- Should be good at writing unit tests
- Should have knowledge of building component libraries
- Should have knowledge of StorybookDeep understanding of HTML5, CSS3 (SAAS, LESS) in a responsive design framework
- Experience in integrating with RESTful APIs keeping performance and security in mind
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for technology
- Experience with rapid scaling of early-stage products
- Experience with micro-frontend architectures
- Experience with Django based web-apps
- Experience with python scripting for backend
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across multiple time-zones
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
What you can expect
As an integral part of building Parspec from the ground up, you will share in our success.
1. Competitive salary and benefits
2. Company Equity
3. Flexible hours
4. WFH or Bengaluru
5. Opportunity to grow with a rapidly scaling company addressing a large market ripe for digital transformation
THE PARSPEC ETHOS
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.