Product Operations Associate
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Join Us in Revolutionizing the Construction Industry
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in building construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and organizing the industry’s product data. By making this data more accessible and useful, our digital platform enables designers and builders to quickly identify the right products for their projects and helps the supply chain to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary AI and workflow automation technology.
Founded in 2021, Parspec has raised over $11M in seed financing from leading deep tech and construction industry investors to achieve its ambitious mission, including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt). We invite you to be at the forefront of innovation for one of the oldest and largest industries in the world!
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
- Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
- Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 8+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
- Sharique Arshi (Lead Software Architect) - 10+ years of experience in software engineering with distributed systems, architecture design, microservices; IIT-G B.Tech.
- Abhijit Mitra(Lead Frontend Engineer) - Spent 8+ years building highly scalable web applications, monorepo, micro-frontend architecture; ex-Tekion; Gauhati University B.Tech.
- Saurabh Khemka (AI Lead) - 8+ years of industrial experience in large scale model building and deployment, PhD in Neuroscience - Switzerland, IIT-R B.Tech.
As a Product Operations Associate at Parspec, you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class product experience for our flagship web application.
- Coordinate with multiple functional teams - QA, Development, Web Crawling, AI, Product and Business teams - in order to ensure we are on track and aligned with high-level business objectives
- Lead QA for the Data pipelines and set up relevant efficient business processes
- Support overall engineering tasks related to dataset preparation projects, with minimal oversight
This is an exceptional opportunity to bring an entire industry to the forefront of the digital age, and we are excited to work together with like-minded and ambitious leaders like you to realize this potential.
It is preferred if you are located in Bengaluru and can report frequently to the office.
WHO YOU ARE
You have experience in coordination with multi-function teams and enabling them towards common goals, and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to build a top-tier product. You agree with the following:
- You are a seasoned problem solver with experience in incentivizing, coordinating and managing different teams
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous, but also understand the importance of rapid iteration in an agile development environment
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and believe that no task is beneath you when it comes to delivering a world-class product
- You have the ability to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions is unmatched
- You are self-driven and take pride in your work
- You are willing to occasionally make yourself available outside regular working hours to accommodate collaboration with a globally distributed team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Coordination between multi-functional teams
- Clearly defining problems and keeping track of progress
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with stakeholders
- Running and managing daily coordination meetings
- Creating and managing documentation - configuration videos, KT processes, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple teams internally, ensuring alignment of goals, effective resource allocation, and cohesive teamwork
Leading QA for Data Pipelines
- Defining clear and scalable processes for QA of data inputs and pipelines
- Leading the QA effort for these teams with daily coordination meetings and progress trackers
- Ensure data inputs are accurate, consistent & reliable
- Willingness to dive into detailed, time-consuming tasks when necessary. Understand the importance of groundwork in achieving success.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all aspects of product ops management, documentation, and QA efforts.
- Constantly evolving the process based on iterative inputs from Product & Engineering teams.
- Clearly reporting findings to the other teams
Improve Processes & Increase Efficiency
- Identify inefficiencies and bottlenecks in existing processes and propose and implement improvements to enhance productivity and outcomes.
- Setup new processes to track progress, speed & cost
WHAT DOES YOUR ARSENAL LOOK LIKE
- 2 to 5 years of professional product operations experience working with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills
- Experience gathering, documenting and analyzing business, functional, and end user requirements, and addressing identified needs with SAAS products
- Prior experience with analyzing data to drive informed decision-making and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast, handle multiple and complex projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn and adapt in a rapidly evolving field
- Proficient with Excel, JIRA, Confluence
Preferred, but optional
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related fields
- Sufficient experience in any construction or building engineering firm - with the goal of having a clear understanding of how building products are spec’d
- Prior experience working with web crawlers or QA of data pipelines meant for AI ecosystems
- Prior experience working on technology products for construction or other similar industries, e.g., automotive, aerospace, manufacturing
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and users across multiple time zones
- Experience with rapid scaling of early-stage products
- Mysql, Google workspace, Loom, Slack, Mixpanel, Tableau
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As an integral part of building Parspec from the ground up, you will share in our success.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Company equity
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid location preference
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance for family and dependents (parents, spouse and children)
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly scaling company addressing a large market ripe for digital transformation
THE PARSPEC ETHOS
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.