Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Join Us in Revolutionizing the Construction Industry
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in building construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and organizing the industry’s product data. By making this data more accessible and useful, our digital platform enables designers and builders to quickly identify the right products for their projects and helps the supply chain to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary AI and workflow automation technology.
Founded in 2021, Parspec has raised over $11M in seed financing from leading deep tech and construction industry investors to achieve its ambitious mission, including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt). We invite you to be at the forefront of innovation for one of the oldest and largest industries in the world!
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 8+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
Saurabh Khemka (AI Lead) - 8+ years of industrial experience in large scale model building and deployment, PhD in Neuroscience - Switzerland, IIT-R B. Tech.
Sharique Arshi (Lead Software Architect) - 10+ years of experience in the software engineering industry while wearing different hats; IIT-G B.Tech.
Abhijit Mitra (Lead Frontend Engineer) - Spent 8+ years building highly scalable web applications, monorepo, micro-frontend architecture; ex-Tekion; Gauhati University B.Tech.
As an early member of the AI team, you will play a key role in developing the core software and also maintaining & upholding the culture of brilliance in our tightly-knit organization. You will:
- Participate in the design, development and deployment of AI systems that are on par with the state-of-the-art available in the market today
- Indulge in the full product design, development and deployment cycle by working closely with the business, product and engineering teams
- Be at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and get to learn best practices from some of the best minds in the industry
- This is an exceptional opportunity to bring an entire industry to the forefront of the digital age, and we are excited to work together with like-minded and ambitious individuals like you to realize this potential.
- It is preferred if the applicant(s) are located in Bengaluru and can report regularly to the office.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about working in a fast paced, dynamic, friendly team and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to build a top-tier product. You agree with the following:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are excited by the opportunity to shape the development of a young business
- You are passionate about developing state-of-the-art AI, Computer Vision and NLP technologies
- You are eager to keep yourself up-to-date with the latest developments, tools and frameworks in AI
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous, but also understand the importance of rapid iteration in an agile development environment
- You are knowledgeable about how digitization & automation has impacted other industries and are excited to find new applications for technology in construction
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and believe that no task is beneath you when it comes to delivering a world-class product
- You love to learn and are especially good at picking up new concepts quickly
- You are self-driven and take pride in your work
- You are willing to occasionally make yourself available outside regular IST working hours to accommodate collaboration with a globally distributed team
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and develop Computer Vision, NLP and Recommendation Systems for our app
- Develop, train and deploy deep learning and machine learning models
- Research and implement novel deep learning architectures
- Integrate in the cycle of product design, development, integration and testing for our apps
- Own and develop product features from concept to implementation
- Develop products which will be cutting edge & highly scalable to deal with huge data volumes and extensible to onboard new clients
- Work closely with product managers, UX designers and end-users for integrating software and AI components into a fully functional system
- Design complete end-to-end data and ML pipelines
- Uphold our culture of engineering excellence
- Collaborate with the leadership team in research and development efforts
WHAT DOES YOUR ARSENAL LOOK LIKE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science or Engineering field and excellent programming, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong conceptual understanding of machine learning and deep learning. Deep learning expertise in Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing
- Experience with implementing ML projects in Python and working knowledge of Python libraries like numpy, sklearn, matplotlib, pandas, etc
- Experience with implementing and training deep learning models in TensorFlow/Keras or Pytorch
- Ability to write clean, efficient and bug-free code.
- Ability to lead an initiative from concept to operation, navigating all stages and roadblocks on the way
Preferred but Optional
- Experience working with applications hosted on AWS and Django web framework
- Experience with databases and web application architecture
- Experience working with OCR and PDF processing libraries
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Completed academic or online specializations in Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Participation in competitive programming, Kaggle competitions, contribution to open source projects, etc
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across multiple time-zones
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As an integral part of building Parspec from the ground up, you will share in our success.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Company equity
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid work setup
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance for family and dependents (parents, spouse and children)
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly scaling company addressing a large market ripe for digital transformation
THE PARSPEC ETHOS
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.