Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
LET'S REVOLUTIONIZE THE CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY CHAIN TOGETHER
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in building construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and organizing the industry’s product data. By making this data more accessible and useful, our digital platform enables designers and builders to quickly identify the right products for their projects and helps the supply chain to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary AI and workflow automation technology.
Founded in 2021, Parspec has raised over $11M in seed financing from leading deep tech and construction industry investors to achieve its ambitious mission, including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt).
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 5+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
We invite you to be at the forefront of innovation for one of the oldest and largest industries in the world!
Parspec is hiring an Account Executive to manage full-cycle sales to small and midsize businesses. Initially you will be targeting sales agents and distributors in the construction industry. In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and discovery, presenting / demo, and finally negotiation and closing. You will work closely with our product team to communicate customer feedback as well as our customer success team who will be responsible for account management post-sale.
- Identifying and contacting potential customers via phone and email to generate new revenue
- Qualifying the prospect to determine existing tools and pain points, purchasing process and revenue opportunity
- Clearly communicating Parspec’s product offerings, value proposition and return on investment
- Developing proficiency in all of Parspec’s product offerings, including the ability to demo the software to prospects and answer common technical questions
- Meeting our exceeding sales quote measured in quarterly and annual ARR goals for new logos and expansion opportunities with existing customers
- Representing the company and industry trade shows and eventsEffectively communicating customer feedback and feature requests to Parspec’s product team
- Coordinating with your customer success team on post-sale activities, including account renewal and upgrade.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-5 years of SaaS sales experience OR equivalent industry experience working in sales sole for an lighting / electrical agency or distributor
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Ability to effectively demo complex software products to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with best-in-class digital sales tools (e.g., CRM systems, prospecting & outreach software)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PREFERED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a fast-paced, early-stage technology company environment
- Industry experience in the sales and distribution of lighting and electrical products
- Based in San Francisco or the Bay Area with the ability to commute to our San Mateo HQ at least (2) times a week
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous company equity package enabling you to share in our success
- 100% benefits coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- 12 paid company holidays and unlimited PTO policy
- Personal and professional tooling and training budget
- Opportunity to grow professionally as part of a rapidly-scaling technology company
THE PARSPEC ETHOS
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.