Partner Development Manager, LATAM
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Partner Development Representative to join our Partnerships team and scale business growth. This individual is responsible for sourcing and building partner relationships, educating and training partner sales teams, and implementing sales strategies to meet revenue and profit goals within our emerging partners.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Support channel strategy based on Planet’s definitive target markets. Help the Channel evolve by implementing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and incentives to extend to partners to drive growth
- Develop business relationships with the emerging partners in your region, such as commercial contracts, sales and technical enablement, deal flow, etc
- Responsible for ensuring that your partners are conducting business up to Planet’s company standards
- Manage the right coverage and mix of partners within the region (resellers, VARs, solution providers, app dev, integrators). Define partner-specific quantifiable goals and sign new partners as needed
- Follow process, criteria, and controls for selection, management and performance of channel partners
- Summarize partner pipeline and revenue for the region
- Actively manage partner enablement to sell and service our full range of products
- Ensure partners, sales and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier
- Drive regional sales through partners and execute go-to-market strategies and identify business growth opportunities in the assigned customer base
- Participate in sales cadence of Sales Kickoff, Quarter Business Reviews and weekly Forecast calls
What You Bring:
- Minimum 4+ years of sales experience including 1+ years of channel sales
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Excellent communicator with solid presentation, speaking, and writing skills
- Excellent market research and prospecting skills
- The ability to coach partner sales teams on selling Planet products and solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual in English / Spanish, full professional proficiency
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial imagery and/or GIS software
- Degree or equivalent business experience
- A desire to win and a focus on customer satisfaction
- Portuguese language skills, professional proficiency
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Something looks off?