Presales Engineer, USG
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
As a PreSales Solutions Engineer, you'll demonstrate the value of Planet's data and services to help organizations within the US Government overcome their earth data challenges. You'll also collaborate with internal cross-functional teams, including Customer Success, Product Management, and Business Development, to act as the voice of the customer to enhance Planet's industry offerings.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and deliver presentations and product demonstrations highlighting technical capabilities of Planet’s platform and our ability to fulfill customer’s business needs.
- Create relationships with customers’ technical and management staff as a trusted advisor to their business.
- Act as an advisor to the customer to recommend a solutions architecture that fits their business challenges
- Assist with the response to tenders, RFI’s, RFP’s, proposals with respect to product/solution information.
- Work with your sales team colleagues to determine account development plans and execute a strategy to engage customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product Management, and Business Development to act as the voice of the customer
- Attain quarterly and annual sales and operational objectives assigned by management.
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and industries.
- Interface with all Pre-Sales Engineers globally, building a community to improve the team’s technical and sales skills.
- Ability to present to key US Government stakeholders
- Act as a mentor to team members and lead training to drive their development
What You Bring:
- 5+ Experience in supporting the US Government and/or community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with GIS and Remote Sensing users within the United States Federal Government
- Expertise with QGIS, SocetGXP, ArcGIS, GDAL and other common geospatial software packages.
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers & sales team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proactive working style
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to program with Python to process imagery, manipulate vector data, interact with APIs and build data pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer engagements
- Ability to run workshops or training sessions with users
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a US Government security clearance up to TS/SCI
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $78,820 - $129,710. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.