Revenue Operations, Senior Manager
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Revenue Operations Manager will be responsible for leading a global team of Revenue Operations leaders, overseeing operational excellence and driving efficiency into the entire Revenue Lifecycle.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive operational excellence and revenue growth through cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Implement a metrics-driven management approach to daily operations
- Manage a global Revenue Operations team, responsible for conducting daily operations of multiple revenue channels
- Interface with Deal Desk to escalate and drive decision on non-standard deals
- Provide a managed feedback loop to matrixed product and operational teams
- Program manage improvement projects to maximize sales productivity and operational efficiency
- Develop and manage sales performance metrics and reporting tools to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data
- Oversee business sales tools for effectiveness, including Salesforce, Clari, Groove, and other integrated products
- Identify processes for automation
- Drive quality into the organization through constant inspection, verification, and reconciliation
- Support AEs and Managers in the development of Quarterly Business Reviews, forecasting, reporting and account management
- Assist leaders with compensation and territory planning
- Effectively lead change management across teams through documented governance
- Be a trusted advisor across the business
- Oversee maintenance of key documentation including but not limited to Operations playbooks, policies, system requirements, process Flows,
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure our salesforce.com solutions are current with industry standard methodologies and new technology implementations
What You Bring:
- 5+ years prior Sales Operations, Revenue Operations, or related field at a SaaS company
- Deep industry knowledge of best practices
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative solutions, implement fact-based resolutions optimally to drive productivity
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages and action based insights
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Expertise with tools/systems such as Salesforce, Clari, NetSuite, Excel, GSuite, Tableau, Lookr, SQL
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with JIRA, specifically for advanced reporting purposes
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $123,600 - $178,500. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (commission, bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please reach out to email@example.com or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.