Associate Corporate Counsel
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Associate Corporate Counsel to support our Slovenian and international business. This is a great opportunity to work in an international setting and make a difference in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Legal Director, EMEA Commercial based in Berlin and be part of the EMEA Legal team. This role can be performed remotely in Austria, Germany or the Netherlands or in our Ljubljana location in office or hybrid.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements with our clients and vendors, who range from governments and multinational corporations to startups, nonprofits, and more
- Ensure agreements comply with company policy and risk tolerance
- Support the continued improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes and company policies
- Provide excellent customer service, support the day to day operations of the company and work cross functionally with other departments like Sales, Proposal Team, Finance, Revenue Operations, and others
- Understand and stay up to date on local and international laws and regulations related to Planet’s products and services
- All of the above with a focus on supporting our Slovenian and EMEA business
What You Bring:
- State Bar Examination and license to practice profession of lawyer in at least one EU country
- 4+ years of experience working in-house and/or in a law firm
- 1+ years experience working in a legal department and with Sales and other departments
- Very good understanding of a variety of commercial agreements including copyright, license and (IT) services agreements
- Fluency in written and spoken Slovenian and English
- Excellent sense of accountability and integrity
- Experience owning projects and resolving issues proactively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Great decision-making skills
- Experience working in a team environment collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization
- Flexibility to handle diverse legal matters
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple demands, priorities, and projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed in order to accommodate global meetings and collaborate seamlessly with key stakeholders across different time zones
- Ability to work with a variety of IT-systems
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with government customers
- Additional languages
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please reach out to email@example.com or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.