We are on a mission to grow plenty of fresh food for everyone, everywhere. We are building the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, indoor vertical farms. Using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need, our farms are designed to secure our food future.
Our people and teams are how we make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Join us as we rewrite the rules of agriculture, and we’ll bet our berries you’ll be rewarded with innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities and meaningful work.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a world-class executive assistant to support our SVP Strategy (who is also our general General Counsel) and our SVP People & Culture.
Whether it’s Board meetings, interfacing with investors and key strategic partners, tracking and implementing the Company objectives, or high-profile external press, this role will help ensure the Executive Team is always prepared and ready to drive towards the best outcomes for the Company. This role is not only an amazing opportunity, but it also requires a strong connection to Company mission and value, as well as a presence in the office five days per week. Expectations of this role are very high, so we’re looking for someone who enjoys being “on-call” and ready to execute, even when not in the office.
Type of Role
What you'll do
- Manage the day-to-day - Manage the calendars of our SVP Strategy / GC and SVP People; schedule and coordinate a high volume of meetings with internal and external constituents as well as a high volume of travel by SVP Strategy. This includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinate & optimize calendars - Keep the SVP Strategy / GC and SVP People on-time for meetings, organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings; ensure both are where they need to be and have what they need
- Plan & manage travel - Book travel arrangements and other related logistics for efficient travel within company expense policy
- Setup, lead, & document department meetings - Handle on-site meeting logistics and provide meeting support as needed (e.g. reserve rooms, greet guests, ensure A/V equipment is in working order and presentations are properly loaded)
- Manage expense Reports - Complete and submit expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate on the executive’s behalf - Draft, review and send communications on behalf of the executives you are supporting
- Strategic Coordination
- Work closely and effectively with the SVP Strategy plus the CEO’s Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant to manage overall Company calendar and meeting flow. This will involve being proactive in looking around corners to spot upcoming conflicts and bottlenecks across the entire executive team, and proactively identify solutions and efficiencies
- Assist with preparation for Board meetings, executive offsites, investor meetings, and strategic business reviews across all levels of the organization. This will require thought partnership, proactivity, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an end-to-end understanding of the business to enable planning and preparation for executive, Board, and investor audiences
- This role is expected to have significant growth potential and a pathway to further advancement within the Strategy team and broader business
- Plan, execute, and host - Support the SVP Strategy / GC and SVP People in maintaining important relationships, visits, and meetings to achieve business goals. This includes by is not limited to:
- Research & make recommendations - Develop informed suggestions or solutions for the executive’s needs or requests
- Orchestrate external meetings & visits - Coordinate off-site meetings including researching and booking venues, negotiating pricing, ensuring A/V and logistics are set up, and schedule catering
- Coordinate important events - Support travel and event coordination, welcome visitors or guests, provide hospitality and recommendations, etc.
- Represent executives professionally - Maintain professional composure and behavior that reflects Plenty and the executive
- Preparation of materials for meetings - Develop presentations, templates, graphics, and spreadsheets at the highest level; proofread, and edit presentations as needed.
- Proofread, format, and edit documents - Focused on accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Company standards
- Prepare materials, and create decks - Creating, formatting, delivering, and potentially presenting client presentations and proposals for strategic leadership engagements such as monthly senior leadership and quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Manage projects and optimize systems - Support successful execution of various projects while developing and improving systems for doing so over time. This includes but is not limited to:
- Create systems/build processes to drive efficiency - Constantly look for ways to make daily tasks and ongoing operations more streamlined
- Proactively address gaps or capitalize on opportunities - Maintain high situational awareness to fulfill project or executive needs, proactively solve problems, etc.
- Develop & improve internal systems with partners - Work with other internal collaborators to continuously improve how things are done to create greater leverage for supported executives
- Support other EAs in providing always-on coverage - Work closely with the Executive Assistant team and ensure all executives have support coverage if/when needed
Project Management - opportunity to take ownership of strategically significant projects within the business on an as needed basis, overseeing conception through to implementation.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5+ years experience at a hyper growth startup or similar fast-paced environment, particularly in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team setting with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely professional and polished; you will be a representative of the Company
- Proven track record of partnering effectively with executives/leadership team; highly collaborative mindset and ability to work closely with all members of the Senior Executive team and the Office of the CEO
- Ability to see around the corner and anticipate needs or issues before they arise - this is a “proactive” not a “reactive” position, and you will be expected to provide recommendations and anticipate needs accordingly
- Highly detail oriented while able to also think and act strategically and with a “big-picture” mindset
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and high levels of confidentiality including within the organization
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Personable with an exceptional emotional intelligence
- Extremely reliable, highly motivated and resourceful
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude -- no job is too big or too small, with ability to be pushed outside your comfort zone and take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and an incredible ability to multitask
- Technically savvy and exceptionally skilled in MS Office, Google Calendar, Gmail, and Slack
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $102,500 - $112,500 for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.