Full Stack Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Rebellion Defense is building the mission capabilities required for this software-defined era of defense. We are equipping our warfighters with the best software to detect, deter and outpace the modern adversary at speed and scale. We’ve brought together technologists who have built software products that transformed our way of life in the commercial sector with defense experts who deeply understand the mission and the stakes to build technology exclusively for defense and national security.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower the military and our civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer, Infrastructure to join our team. While this role can be located anywhere in the United States, you may choose to work from our Washington, DC headquarters. Relocation assistance may be provided. Occasional travel may be required.
As an Full Stack Software Engineer, Infrastructure, you will:
- Build and operate infrastructure in support of Rebellion’s products and customers across multiple-clouds, on-premise environments, and levels of classification.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents that affect Rebellion’s software and collaborate with software engineers to identify the root cause of issues and implement preventative measures.
- Manage the deployment and scaling of containerized applications.
- Maintain documentation on Rebellion’s infrastructure and systems, including policies and procedures.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in running secure services in production via on premises, multi-cloud, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience ensuring tools and applications are running smoothly and are highly available using tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud security compliance and audits including knowledge of monitoring and logging tools along with container orchestration.
- Ability to understand and empathize for engineers’ workflows and tooling needs.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, including Terraform and Cloud orchestration, and IAM.
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Expertise in operating production systems on more than one cloud service, such as Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud (GCP) alongside traditional data centers.
- Prior professional work experience as a full-stack software engineer.
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $148,000 - $181,000 regardless of final candidate location within the United States. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
The nature of our work:
Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.