Core Network Engineer
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2022
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Core Network Engineer in Espoo, Finland to join our Network Operations team to implement Skylo's vision of building out a carrier-grade Satellite IOT network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across the network engineering, wireless systems, and network operations teams. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested to stretch themselves in their network domain, and see their work have immediate global impact in the wireless industry.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deploy, test, and operate Skylo’s 3GPP satellite core network and its associated interfaces
- Create network monitoring infrastructure and work with internal and external teams to integrate the network monitoring data with supporting operational processes
- Collect and analyze operational data to monitor and manage the performance of Skylo’s core network
- Provide L3 support to Skylo’s 24x7 network operations center to troubleshoot issues in a regimented and timely manner
- Support network partner mobile core and network operations center integrations and operations
- Conduct routine network performance audits and reports
- Provide detailed and quantifiable feedback to network engineering and customer service teams to enhance network performance and quality
- Operate, deploy, and support Skylo’s core network infrastructure in development, test, and certification environments.
- Perform network acceptance validation testing
- Hold vendors accountable to SLAs on network performance and service quality
- Provide subject matter knowledge in the areas of licensed mobile packet core, security, and virtualization solutions.
- Relevant degree in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of related network systems engineer experience
- Experience with core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U
- Knowledge of Policy and Charging elements within the packet core; PCEF, PCRF, PAS,OFCS, OCS
- Knowledge of GTPv2, Diameter, LDAP protocol & AVPs
- Knowledge of 3GPP Mobility Specifications applicable to Packet Core Infrastructure Nodes; GGSN, SGW, PGW, PCRF
- Working experience in Lab testing and IOT testing is preferred
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills
See more open positions at Skylo
Something looks off?