Sr. System Test Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Senior System Test Engineer onsite, in Espoo, Finland to implement a carrier-grade Satellite IoT network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across the network engineering, wireless systems, and network operations teams. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested to stretch themselves in their network domain, and see their work have immediate global impact in the wireless industry. You will leverage your technical experience in telecom and your domain expertise in verification and validation to ensure Skylo’s cutting edge NTN network maintains world-class quality end to end.
- Plan, execute and document tests to verify and validate Skylo NTN system behavior and performance, expose issues, and identify root causes.
- Work closely with the device, wireless systems, RAN, core and data mobility platform engineering teams and to execute system acceptance testing that will verify end-to-end functionality of the Skylo Non-terrestrial Networking (NTN) system.
- Provide periodic feedback to engineering teams and document all the aspects of different phases of testing and results including system release versions, demo, lab, PoC, production network deployments.
- Test complex hardware/software systems that push the frontier in hardware design, software design, and system integration. Conduct hands-on test preparation in the lab and in the field.
- Write complete test plans, procedures, and reports that improve Skylo products & network services.
- Analyze test results and sign-off that they are passing, or troubleshoot/identify issue and drive it all the way to bug closure.
- Technical understanding of telecommunications systems, especially cellular systems (LTE eNB, EPC, 3G, 4G, NB-IoT and associated 3GPP protocols), ability to learn quickly and establish credibility with engineers.
- Experience with a variety of test processes and methodologies and will enable you to help build a wireless telecom network system test capability from the ground up.
- Ability to script and/or program in either Bash, Python, Go, Ruby on a Unix/Linux or equivalent program and to execute automation jobs using Jenkins, Hands-on experience using JIRA & Confluence is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with a variety of test equipment and test automation tools and frameworks.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done - you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, CS/EE background is preferred.
- 5-7 years of industry experience in System Verification, Test Automation, Quality Assurance or similar position.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and evolving startup/scaleup environment.
- Highly collaborative, with superior communication and leadership skills, comfortable building and working with teams from diverse backgrounds.
See more open positions at Skylo
Something looks off?