VP of Network Engineering
VP of Network Engineering(onsite in Mountain View, CA 94043)
Salary range: The base salary range for this position is $88,000 to $248,000 per year and is commensurate with experience relative to the position
Skylo is a global Non-Terrestrial Network (NTN) service provider, leading the industry in satellite and cellular convergence. Skylo's network connects cellular devices directly over existing satellites, functioning like international roaming. Skylo's technology is built on top of the latest cellular industry standards (3GPP NTN) - so there is no need for separate modems or antennas, making satellite connectivity affordable and accessible for all.
As we continue to grow and expand our services, we are seeking an experienced and visionary Vice President of Network Engineering to lead the design, development, deployment, and optimization of our cutting-edge network infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, manage, and operate all aspects of Skylo’s production networks.
- Lead end-to-end network design, development, and deployment, including integration of radio access and core networks with satellite partner systems. Evaluate spectrum and satellite capacity requirements, specifying and deploying cloud and infrastructure for network deployments.
- Manage Skylo’s Earth Station & RAN installations and oversee network deployments in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Set requirements and source network components from both internal and external vendors.
- Responsible for integrating network software elements and managing software deployment, calibration, and validation.
- Set standards, SLAs, and SLOs for network performance, create observability in the network to manage these commitments, and work with the operations team to actively manage these KPIs.
- Build and lead a globally distributed team with a service operator mindset and culture.
- Manage quarterly and annual budgeting processes, including P&L responsibilities.
- Manage roaming relationships and technical interconnects with terrestrial MNO and MVNO roaming partners.
- Support regulatory team for market entry, service operations licenses, and approvals.
- Demonstrated success in end-to-end network design, development, and deployment with a focus on high availability.
- Previous experience in a fast moving and creative environment with a focus on quality results.
- Strong knowledge of cellular 3GPP networks, including Radio Access and Core Network service elements.
- Proven ability to build and lead teams to operate networks with carrier-class availability.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, execution-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with wireless radio frequency systems and performance parameters.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, deductive reasoning, and attention to detail.
Join Skylo Technologies:
If you are passionate about transforming connectivity on a global scale and leading a team to deliver exceptional network engineering and operations, this is an opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation. At Skylo, we value diversity, creativity, and excellence. Join us on our mission to connect the unconnected and shape the future of connectivity.
Location: Mountain View CA
Skylo Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.