The range for the annual salary for this position is between $98,000 and $248,000, within the local Bay Area, we anticipate the salary will be $200,000 to $238,000.
Job Title: Controller
Skylo is hiring an experienced controller to build and lead the accounting function of Skylo and our international subsidiaries. Successful candidates will have a work history showing a progression of increasing scope and responsibility, experience in both fast-growing firms and firms already at scale, as well as experience managing international operations, subsidiaries and teams.
The right candidate will be adept at overseeing financial operations, managing team members, and implementing robust systems and controls. This person is also a mission-driven individual who shares our values and is eager to make a transformative impact on businesses, governments, and communities around the world.
This role is based in the Bay Area with expectation to come into the Mountain View office at least 3 times a week.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly financial close processes ensuring timely and accurate financial statements
- Create quarterly CFO close package and work closely with FP&A on budget versus actual analysis
- Provide reporting and ensure compliance on investor reporting, debt covenants, etc
- Manage one Accounting Manager, providing leadership, support, and development.
- Manage international entity accounting teams for current and future entities
- As needed, set up new entities including defining system and process requirements, Netsuite testing and rollout, and finding local accounting teams and auditors
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements and proactively interpret financial and accounting implications of new contracts.
- Ensure compliance on employee equity options (Carta and stock based comp accounting)
- Own and lead the annual audit engagements across all Skylo Technologies Inc. entities.
- Collaborate with third-party tax vendors to create accurate and timely tax provisions.
- Implement systems, tools, and policies that not only ensure stringent controls, but also streamline day-to-day operations.
- Own financial operations including billing, credit check, AP, and other P2P and O2C pieces as needed
- Interpret accounting guidance, write accounting memos that defend Skylo’s accounting position, and ensure CFO is kept up to date on latest changes in accounting guidance.
- Drive and refine processes related to financial and accounting operations
- Assist with reporting preparation including for investors, Board of Directors, and management.
- 10+ years of experience in finance or Controllership, with a track record of success in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Must have some experience working in an operational business environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership skills, with experience managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. CPA / CMA preferred.
- A strong technical accounting background is preferred; deep familiarity with ASC 606 is mandatory, CECL experience is a plus.
- Experience working with and managing a global team across multiple foreign jurisdiction.
- Proficiency in system testing, both with Netsuite and custom-built solutions.
- ERP system experience with Oracle or Netsuite
- Demonstrated ability to set up and test new entities, inclusive of Netsuite configurations and establishing new engagements with local accounting and audit teams.
- Experience running complex financial operations teams including AP, AR, and payroll.
- Revenue share experience is a plus.
- Telecom industry and/or B2B SAAS experience
- Experience managing local entity teams and collaborating with diverse international working teams.
At Skylo, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.