At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
You will be part of the team whose design will lead to the next generation of exciting new transportation vehicles.The ideal candidate is a team player with experience designing precision aligned, high volume systems in open-air environments. You will ensure engineering excellence and timely execution toward product outcomes.
- A track engineer will take the part in specifying, designing and developing skyTran’s next generation track subassemblies. These include corresponding wayside systems for magnetic propulsion, magnetic levitation, braking and other subsystems that make up the core components of our track system.
- You will generate concepts or will use already developed concepts and assist in taking each system through the development cycle of design reviews, documentation creation, analysis, safety, performance verification and integration with higher level systems.
- You will aid the development of the critical test equipment and fixtures that support the development effort of the core systems.
- Your work will be achieved through collaboration with other technical and non-technical members of the skyTran team.
- B.S in Engineering (Mechanical or Civil preferred)
- Proficiency in using engineering first principles for concept generation and evaluation
- Experience in hand calculations and FEA (Ansys or Solidworks FEA)
- Proven experience in developing complex new structural products
- Abiliity to communicate complex principles in straightforward and succinct manner
- Experience with 3D CAD (CATIA, NX or Solidworks, etc), GD&T and experience in PDM strongly preferred
- Design to requirements for next generation MagLev Vehicle higher level systems into component and subsystem requirements
- Design components while taking into consideration: strength of materials, design for vibration, fatigue, harsh environments, and heat transfer principles
- Assist in creating interface control and assembly drawings
- Perform preliminary structural analysis using industry simulation tools
- Operation of Solidworks and CATIA CAD design tool for generating parts and assemblies, developing concept layouts, collaborating with other team members’ work
- Implement design tools including FMEA, GD&T, tolerance analysis, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis
- Develop manufacturing processes and procedures
- Use of Laser Trackers or design for use of Laser Trackers for precision alignment
- Design installation tooling for track alignment
- You understand the big picture and what needs to be done to achieve it while also being able to dive into the nitty-gritty to get things done.
- Superb creativity, vision, and problem-solving skills
- You possess the ability to research, understand and apply new technologies/software/techniques to generate concepts in response to system requirements
- Hands-on attitude in assembly, maintenance, and/or mechatronics
- You are levelheaded. You get things done, regardless of external circumstances.
- You have a high level of curiosity
- You can work alone or as part of a team
In the first 90-days on the job, you will:
- Learn our MagLev architecture and apply what you learn to generate concepts
- Help determine system level architecture and capture requirements that bring us to a detailed design of a certifiable system
- Assist in the design of one or more systems of our MagLev architecture and see it through a gated review process
In the first year, you will:
- Generate designs and see them through multiple design reviews
- Develop and build multiple test and demonstration systems in the US and abroad
- Develop and test alignment methods for individual sub-systems
- Develop tooling concepts to aide in alignment of parts and structures
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?