Senior Staff Software Engineer, Money
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our team focusing on Transactional Fraud detection & Risk evaluation and Transfer Experience teams. SoFi Money allows its members to Save & Spend in ways that help them achieve their financial independence. We are rethinking how we can enable everyone to manage their money better including handling debit card transactions, fraud detection, machine learning driven growth initiatives & transaction level insights to members, faster and seamless money movement and tackle scale issues.
The team is witnessing phenomenal growth and we are investing heavily into how we shape our technology stack for future growth. To achieve this goal, the team is developing new platforms and services (including ML platforms) and we are looking for engineers who can bring deep distributed systems knowledge, thought leadership and help us scale for the future. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, evaluating the efficacy of the models developed, maintaining and monitoring the health of our code and models, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker.
What you’ll do:
- Design and deliver resilient and scalable systems
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision
- Participating in code reviews, drive design reviews
- Generating ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Creating best practices and mentoring other engineers on these best practices
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts with outside stakeholders in product marketing, operations, business, legal, and compliance
- Working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment across multiple offices
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years experience developing distributed systems and cloud services.
- Experience Tech leading multiple large projects spanning multiple engineers and teams.
- Experience with building infrastructure and scaling back-end services.
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Agile software development experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
Nice to have:
- Experience with building with building or architecting systems inclusive of FE.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?