Senior Director, Business Lead, Invest
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Business Lead, SoFi Invest is responsible for driving growth of SoFi’s Invest business. The role is responsible for leading a cross functional team of Product, Marketing, Content and others to drive growth of new and existing members and assets. At SoFi, Business Unit Leaders (BULs) and Business Leads (BLs) are the business leaders accountable for the ultimate performance of the business - our version of GMs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables for the Invest’s growth as measured by customer accounts and overall assets
- Continuously manage the prioritization of Marketing, Product and other initiatives that deliver against customer growth and engagement
- Work with the full cross-functional team (marketing, product, design, engineering, compliance, risk, and operations) for your lines of business & initiatives, to help them execute on the strategic vision
- Define and lead end to end onboarding experience across marketing, product, servicing and other functions
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and competitor actions to ensure SoFi is winning on the market
- Work with Marketing to drive optimal marketing spend
- Participate in business development activities as needed with key stakeholders
- Develop and provide regular reporting on business performance/analytics and ensure timely communication to the Executive Team and the Board
- Actively engage in shaping the SoFi Invest strategy that is in sync with the overall Member vision and integrating seamlessly with other consumer products
- Manage financial and non-financial reporting and deliverables engaging with key stakeholders across all functions. Communicate key insights from reporting to the Invest team, SoFi Executive team, SoFi Board of Directors
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years in General Management and/or top-tier strategy experience, ideally in fintech or financial services
- 10+ years of experience overall across strategic and general management roles
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business growth and hitting OKRs
- Strong focus on customer experience and convenience
- A good blend of demonstrated business, marketing, design and execution skills preferable
- Full stack “operator” - ability to both create and execute the business strategy; with clear objectives, but limited, ambiguous, or varied direction
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing colleagues over whom you have no direct authority, ultimately leading to timely tactical decision making to advance our objectives
- Flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and ideation
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Nice to have:
- MBA preferred
- Experience leading and building investing businesses
- Experience in consulting, investment banking, or in a similarly demanding role
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?