Senior Manager of Risk Management, Credit Card Acquisition
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi’s Credit department manages credit risk activities for our lending products (Personal Loan, Student Loan Refinance, Private Student Loan, Credit Card, and Mortgage) - including credit strategies and policies for new account origination and portfolio management, collections and recoveries, and risk and operational data science. The team designs industry leading data driven strategies and services to drive revenue growth and ensure the credit performance is aligned with the company’s risk appetite, and helps create the products and experiences that put our members’ interests first.
The Senior Manager of Risk Management, Credit Card Acquisition will ensure the success of the SoFi Credit Card business with a focus on leading the credit management initiatives for SoFi’s Credit Card products and collaborate with business partners to drive revenue, control risk, and provide value to the company and customers. She/he will be part of the Credit strategy team with 1LOD responsibilities. One of the core areas of focus for the incoming leader will be leading credit risk strategies for scaling up of Credit Card acquisition into newer population segments such as Prime, Near-prime and New-to-Credit. This role reports to the Senior Director of Credit Cards Risk Management.
- Control Risk and Drive Performance Outcomes … Understand credit card risk. Mitigate loss and responsibly grow revenue by developing value added risk strategies. Monitor performance of strategies and portfolios. Communicate results and close issues. Identify opportunities and drive actions.
- Data Driven… Your deep analysis will power the future of credit card business with an optimal real-time data ecosystem – including multi-product internal, credit bureau, and alternative data sources and uses.
- Iterate, learn, innovate… Bring your brightest ideas to build best-in-class credit card risk strategies. You will architect the pre-screen, underwriting, risk tiering, and credit line strategies. Constantly evaluate the strategy performance, and put in place a process to optimize.
- Lead… Effectively drive and execute business objectives by taking ownership, in partnership with others in Risk team and Cross-functional teams. Mentor junior team members. We are recruiting the best, brightest, and passionately quantitative team members.
- Collaboration… Work collaboratively with the Data Science team to design new machine learning models. Partner closely with implementation teams to accurately deploy new strategies. Work with other business partners across Business Unit, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal and Compliance etc. to deliver successful business results.
- 7+ years of credit risk strategy experience in credit cards acquisition, preferably with strong business acumen in Near-Prime credit segment
- Experience in building credit risk strategies for unsecured credit / lending, preferably in near-prime, new-to-credit and thin file segments
- Expert analytical skills to drive business results through data driven business proposals
- Proficiency in using Excel / Spreadsheet and Powerpoint / Slides
- A history of success in leading initiatives and driving results
- Excellent communications and presentation skills; ability to deliver business proposals and present results to senior management
- Ability to collaborate well with business partners and influence business decisions
- Preferred: Proficient skills in SQL and Python; knowledge in Decision Trees and Tableau
- Preferred: Advanced degree in an analytical discipline