Head of Business Operations - Golden Pacific Bank
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Head of of Business Operations provides general administrative management and operations oversight for the Bank’s branches, central operations, and cash management staff and activities. This position also plays a key role in client cultivation and relationship management and is part of the leadership team of the Golden Pacific Bank Division.
Under the direction of the Head of Community Banking (the GPB Division President), , this position leads the development, coordination and oversight of branch division banking activities including branch management, marketing, and delivery of financial services and products. Provides leadership and support to branch managers, cash management, and central operations functions. Participates in long range planning for bank division including for risk mitigation and business development. Contributes to broader SoFi Bank initiatives that could include strategic development of new products, regulatory management, and deployment of new technologies and vendors.
This position collaborates with other members of divisional senior management and key functions including the Golden Pacific Bank Division President, Compliance, Finance, Credit and Risk Management.
**Please note: This is not a remote opportunity- this role will be onsite, full time, in the Sacramento office location**
What you’ll do:
- Manage, develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs related to deposit product development and management, including oversight of local customer relations, product sales and training, and other related functions.
- Interact regularly with senior management on companywide operations and business development plans, issues and practices.
- Respond to branch inquiries regarding day-to-day operations with respect to operating methodologies and problem solving. Oversee operational back office functions.
- Responsible for associated operations staff development and performance. Establish, execute, and monitor individual performance and training/development plans. Establish team and individual performance measures and goals. Ensure operational areas are staffed appropriately and trained effectively.
- Oversight of all daily staffing and human resources issues. Maintain adequate staffing for operational needs and branch personnel. Delegate work to other employees as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration and results of operational branch audits and examinations.
- Contact person for operational vendors (for example NCR, Vault Security, Branch Lease Agreement)
- Prepare and/ or review branch month-end reports including deposit reports and operating loss reports.
- Maintain, research and produce operating policies and procedures for all branches, and update as appropriate.
- Adhere to bank policies and support SoFi management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Represent Golden Pacific Bank and SoFi Bank with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Comply with all Federal and State law. The employee will complete required training and will be accountable for compliance with all Federal and State laws related to their job description.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Strong knowledge of branch-based banking operations.
- A high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership abilities and experience with effective decision-making processes, and ability to direct and supervise others.
- Lead and work with individuals and groups at all organizational levels. Good team player. Good listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints effectively and timely.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management, organizational, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes, honesty, punctuality and accuracy.
- Supervisory training and managerial experience.
- Knowledge of banking compliance rules and regulations.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- High school diploma; College degree strongly preferred but not an absolute requirement.
- Minimum of (7) years banking or credit union experience.
Nice to have:
- Relevant graduate degree.
- Knowledge and experience in credit and lending.
- Familiarity with IT platforms for financial institutions.
- Experience working in the greater Sacramento and Yuba/Sutter market.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?