Principal Product Manager, SoFi Money
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative product leader with great communication skills to build and scale the Banking product experiences and business at SoFi. This role is central to the success of SoFi's Banking product and the overall mission of SoFi to help our members get their money right and achieve financial independence. You will have an opportunity to end-to-end own, shape, and deliver a compelling, best-in-class, reimagined Banking experience leveraging technology and design. You will be responsible for setting the vision, identifying opportunities and key inputs, setting goals, defining the member experiences, and delivering features. As a product leader in our organization, we look to you to set big, ambitious goals, be gritty, and hold yourself and your cross-functional teams accountable to deliver results on behalf of our members.
This role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with business units, engineering, design, data science, marketing, operations, finance, risk, legal, compliance, and executive teams to set business objectives, define product strategy, prioritize features, secure resources, and execute. You'll play the critical role of driving the business while bridging the technical and business worlds to drive profitable growth while managing risk.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement product strategies: The principal product manager is responsible for identifying new product opportunities, analyzing market trends, and developing strategies for launching and scaling products.
- Leading product development: They lead cross-functional teams to build products from ideation to launch, including conducting market research, defining product requirements, developing product roadmaps, and overseeing product design and development.
- Conducting competitive analysis: The principal product manager is responsible for researching and analyzing competitor products to inform product decisions and ensure the company's products remain competitive.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: They work closely with stakeholders, including executives, engineering teams, sales teams, and customer support teams, to ensure alignment on product priorities and deliverables.
- Defining and measuring product success: The principal product manager establishes product success metrics and regularly monitors product performance against those metrics, making adjustments as needed.
- Managing product launches: Oversee product launches, including developing go-to-market strategies, coordinating with marketing, and ensuring successful product adoption.
- Providing product expertise: The principal product manager acts as the subject matter expert on their product, staying current on industry trends and best practices and providing guidance to other teams.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years in product management, owning product strategy and product roadmap
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing, and ultimately leading to timely tactical decision-making to advance our objectives
- A collaborative approach to problem-solving and ideation in a highly ambiguous environment
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Deep curiosity for how complex (financial) systems work, and an ability to internalize and analyze this information quickly
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience delivering quality software that solves business and user needs
- Data-driven approach and excellent analytical skills
- Passion for your customers
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?