Staff Internal Auditor
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking a Staff Auditor to join the SoFi Internal Audit Department, reporting to the Manager. This role will assist in conducting audits of various areas related to SoFi and its subsidiaries with a focus on Banking, Lending, and Corporate functions. This is a hands-on role with the primary responsibility of executing audit work programs, identifying, drafting, and communicating audit issues, and on-going issue follow up and remediation. This is an amazing opportunity on a growing team at a rapidly scaling company.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct internal financial and/or operational audits and assist in performing individual audit risk assessments.
- In accordance with departmental and professional internal audit standards, identify and analyze risks, plan and prioritize audit work, conduct interviews, document and analyze procedures and controls, perform audit tests, prepare appropriate workpapers, develop audit recommendations, review identified issues with appropriate management, and draft audit report findings.
- Utilize data analytics and tools in execution of audit work.
- Assist Senior Internal Auditor and/or Internal Audit Management in accomplishing audit department objectives in a team environment.
- Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, financial and technology industry, and products through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Execute special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's or equivalent in accounting, finance, information systems or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of external audit, internal audit, or related experience working in a financial institution with a focus on Banking audit portfolios.
- Understanding of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, risk assessment practices, COSO three lines of defense, etc.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously, accept ownership and accountability for projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience preparing audit workpapers, reports, and presentations.
Nice to have:
- Professional certification(s) (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA, CRCM, FRM, etc.) or related licensure (FINRA – Series 7, 63, 24, 4, etc.)
- Experience with audit engagement planning, executing, and reporting.
- Experience with technology such as AuditBoard, Tableau, Snowflake, Alteryx, etc.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?