Senior Director, Talent Development
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is looking for a Talent Development professional to design, deliver, and scale talent programs including performance management, succession and talent reviews, leadership and manager development, talent infrastructure, and career development. This role reports into the VP, Global Talent Management and Diversity Equity and Inclusion.
The Senior Director, Talent Development will play a key role in driving the company’s high-performance culture through cultivating exceptional talent and will be responsible for implementing the Talent Development strategy and developing the annual Talent plans for SoFi. A strategic thinker and result-oriented leader, will drive the selected talent development strategies to optimize our culture, strengthen and diversify our talent pipeline, and support the achievement of organizational priorities. With a forward-looking perspective, this individual will help SoFi adapt to new and emerging Talent trends, leverage technology and continually improve Talent development processes and practices.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in learning and development, leadership development, performance management and feedback, succession and high potential development, go-to-market strategies, development talent architecture and career development practices. Both an expertise in both management capability and professional skill development and a passion for transformation and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Program Design: Design high-impact talent programs for talent management, leadership, performance management and leadership and manager capability and professional skills informed by business needs and industry research. Work with new managers and managers new to SoFi to ensure foundational leadership skills. Ability to design for both in-person and virtual/distributed learning experiences.
- Work closely with all levels of business leadership and broader People teams, ensuring programs embody our values, and support our vision of making Talent Development a core differentiator at SoFi.
- Program Management: Execute talent development programs end-to-end; create clear program project plans, stakeholder maps, and manage execution.
- Change Management & Communication: Leverage change management methodologies to ensure global program adoption. Develop and deploy communication plans.
- Facilitation & Delivery: ability to engage learners, facilitate dialog, tell compelling stories, and deliver a variety of content both in a classroom and virtual setting.
- Evaluation and Analytics: Report on appropriate talent metrics; identify key insights to inform future actions and decision making.
- Continuous Improvement: assess and evolve programs based on feedback and metrics.
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years working in talent development, learning and development and project management.
- 10 years working in program management with experience designing and scaling programs with a focus on developing managers in a technology growth company
- A deep personal belief and commitment to diversity and belonging at work
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience facilitating learning through classes or workshops
- Experience facilitating through video conferencing applications like Zoom
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable with technology including Google G Suite and Learning Management Systems
- A builder who is able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment